Tax Spacialist ( Categoria Protetta Art.1 L.68/99)
More than ever, science is accelerating our rate of understanding in a wide range of medical fields – and that’s only set to increase. As a global, science-led biopharmaceutical business, AstraZeneca is at the forefront of that evolution. That means an unparalleled product portfolio and a strong pipeline across all stages of the drug development process. Everything we do comes back to improving the health of our patients worldwide, and to make that happen we are focusing on some of the most challenging diseases facing humanity today.
We have a highly collaborative culture, where you will be encouraged to push the boundaries of science while developing industry-recognised skills and experiences.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, lead the activities referred to the indirect taxation ensuring proper and timely execution of all the tasks required by the fiscal law giving also technical support to all the commercial departments to ensure the strategic and operational goals of the business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
Provide expert advice on indirect tax and all related reporting, guidance and support to finance business partners giving contributions to the decision to minimize financial risks and grant Tax and reporting compliance. Liaise with external service providers and consultants to grant compliance with group reporting requirements and Tax filings.
The role broadly includes the following key components:
- Business Partner across relevant business areas to manage and where appropriate mitigate business risk linked to tax compliance
- Support in key cross- Finance processes with tax implications
- Liaise with internal functions and external stakeholders to grant tax compliance and appropriate risk management
- Own external relationships with Service Providers and consultants to ensure performance managed effectively and sponsor changes to existing processes
- Develop the professional capability of the Finance team and the understanding of tax implication of non-finance managers
- Support compliance with regulatory, governance and internal processes and procedures.
- Accountable for relationship with and for giving right advice to the business on indirect tax matters. Good understanding of business environment and how the Tax strategy aligns with overall strategy
- Flawless and efficient execution of core specialist technical responsibilities
- Support Tax inspections and tax authority down raids
- Prepare all the relevant tax documentations for tax reporting and FCF controls
- Significant experience within indirect tax
- Experience in direct tax and statutory activities
- Experience of working across a global organisation
- ability to organise work autonomously
- propensity for in-depth analysis and careful daily study and update of tax legislation
- In-depth understanding of regulatory/statutory requirements and governance principles/FCF/SOX
- Fluency in English
- Excel and SAP softwares
- Qualification as Dottore Commercialista
- Prior experience in a tax firm
- Specific knowledge of Pharma Industry tax specificities
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.