Senior Financial Analyst, Italian Oncology Business
This role is set within Italy Finance team. The Senior Finance Analyst will support the financial planning, analysis and performance management for the OBU IT cross-functional team. The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Oncology Italy Finance Business Partner monitoring OBU investment effectiveness and alignment with strategic objectives and facilitating the planning and reporting processes through the clear communication of deadlines, creation of required templates and being a point of contact for any clarification needed.
The role will report directly to the Finance Business Partner for Italy Oncology
- Financial Reporting and Planning: Assist with the development and consolidation of IT monthly reporting, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and planning cycles (e.g., RBUs/MTPs). More generally, assist in providing financial insight and foresight to support the delivery of strategic and commercial goals
- Identifying improvements and value adding examples and implementing
- Business Partnering: Along with your supervisor, partner with the cross-functional IT oncology teams on all key financial processes and deliverables.
- Being able to communicate clearly to finance & non-finance professionals verbally & via presentations for key decision points and business or finance review meetings.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economy
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial analysis or finance business partnering
- English language proficiency, both verbal and written
- Microsoft Excel – advanced skills; Working knowledge of other MS Office applications
Skills and Competencies:
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Focus on delivery – works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines, acts with urgency
- Team player
- Eagerness to learn and continuously improve
- Ability to quickly learn financial applications
- Intellectually curious with interest on Bioscience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.