Medical Science Liaison Oncology Gyne - Breast Cancer (Abruzzo, Basilicata, Molise, Campania, Puglia)
Would you like to apply your expertise to make an impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day.
As Medical Science Liaison Oncology Gyne - Breast Cancer (Abruzzo, Basilicata, Molise, Campania, Puglia)
you will act as the first point of contact for any medical/scientific aspect or issue related to the assigned products by engaging in Scientific Exchange with AstraZeneca teams, Key External Experts, Health Care Professionals, and Clinical Investigators.
In the last 15 years, AstraZeneca has built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. Our aim is to help improve the outcomes of breast cancer patients with the ambition to one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death. Throughout our history, our innovative science has led to potential practice-changing medicines for patients, and although we have come so far, there is still much to be done. We are committed to furthering our research to redefine the breast cancer treatment paradigm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the MSL Manager Gyne-Breast Cancer, you will engage with external specialists to identify medical unmet needs, evidence gaps and gain insight, and delivers presentations in a non-promotional scientific context as determined by global and local Medical Affairs plans.
The role will comprise the following aspects:
- Providing medical input to Competitive Intelligence Department, including critical review of competitor data/scientific material
- Developing and maintaining contacts with Key External Experts of the assigned territory and represent the main contact for any scientific/medical aspect
- Providing input and support to Medical Advisors/Medical Lead and Clinical Operations Team in sites selection and feasibility assessment for national/international trials, and handling potential issues connected with the implementation and conduct of international/national trials
- Collecting and discussing with Investigators the proposal for independent studies (ESR Externally Sponsored Research) in the assigned area and, according to SOP, filling in the forms for the company’s evaluation and discussion
- Identifying local medical needs and define a Local Scientific Plan (LSP), according to the Italian and HQ strategies and policies, in synergy with the current alliance
- Managing of a local medical budget in order to support and organize local projects
- Building partnership with Area/Field Manager to implement the LSP through regular contacts and team meetings
- Support the Regional Access Managers (RAM) and the Local Access Managers (LAM) to ensure alignment of Local Scientific Plans with regional plans through: relationships/scientific projects with regional Health Authorities and management of scientific issues related to the introduction of Company’s drugs into local formularies, respectively
- Other Activities:
- Supporting the Medical Advisers/Medical Lead and Patient Safety Department in the management of AEs (e.g collection of follow-up information).
- Managing medical information requests
- Acting as country delegate for assigned GMT activities (active participation and support as needed)
- Managing all activities and Account relationship according with Company Values, Code of Conduct, Guidelines/Internal procedures and Italian legislation
- Scientific Degree, Master or Doctorate Degree in the relevant field of study (Medical Degree highly preferred)
- Previous experience as MSL or Medical Advisor or other activities within the Medical Department roles
- Experience in the oncology field
- Fundamental knowledge of basic research, drug development, clinical environment
- Detailed knowledge of the local regulatory requirements related to medical affairs activities
- Experience in mapping new TA(s) and product launch preparation and execution
- Communication skills, including communicating detailed technical, scientific, or medical information
- Ability to work in team
- Leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Understanding of written/spoken English
- Domicile preferably in Rome
- Qualified Doctor in the relevant Therapeutic Area
- Experience in clinical trials
- Experience in product launch
- Proficiency in spoken English
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. We’re opening new ways to work, pioneering ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application.
The recruitment team will evaluate your profile and review your CV to determine whether your skills and experience match the job profile.
Only shortlisted candidates matching the job profile will be contacted for an interview. If you are recently being involved into a recruitment process for a similar professional role within our Company, we will evaluate our previous feedback to arrange an interview.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.