Medical Advisor Breast
Would you like to apply your expertise to make an impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries and find answers to challenge. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and teaming up to make impossible a reality.
Welcome to Basiglio (Milan), one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca. The site provides a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves, which is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities.
In the last 15 years, AstraZeneca has built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. Our aim is to help improve the outcomes of breast cancer patients with the ambition to one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death. Throughout our history, our innovative science has led to potential practice-changing medicines for patients, and although we have come so far, there is still much to be done. We are committed to furthering our research to redefine the breast cancer treatment paradigm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Medical Advisor Breast, you will collaborate with different Company's functions (e.g. marketing, sales, regulatory, training, market access and clinical research) in order to contribute to the development of medical strategies and provide high quality scientific support.
The role broadly includes the following components:
- Ensuring planning and implementation of research projects for the assigned products according to corporate and local policies
- Contributing to the definition of the Product Business Plan (PBP), according to the HQ strategies and policies
- Preparing the National Medical Plan on assigned product, defining strategies and objectives, according to the HQ strategies and policies
- Training the medical field team (MSLs and MSLs Manager) on product and disease landscape (including subsequent updates), supporting them in the development of the field local medical plan
- Supporting the Field Force in its communication with medical target groups through a continuous update on therapeutic topics related to the pathology and/or products
- Ensuring the inclusion of Italian Centres to the international clinical development research(e.g. by maintaining close contacts with the relevant international Product Teams)
- Guaranteeing, with the Clinical Research Manager (CRM), the local implementation of global trials
- For local studies, writing study protocols, ensuring accurate data management and analysis, preparing final study reports and ensuring publication of data timely
- Providing high quality of support to the Regulatory Affairs Dept in the definition and review of the product registration dossier and other documents
- Providing support to Marketing Dept to guarantee the high scientific and educational standard in the relevant activities (e.g. preparation and review of promotional material; planning and organisation of scientific events)
- Developing and maintaining a high level of scientific engagement with key Opinion Leaders and Scientific Community
- Collecting and discussing with sponsors ESRs proposals and to collaborate with the MEOR manager according to AZ SOP
- Managing medical information requests
- Managing all activities and Account relationship according with Company Values, Code of Conduct, Guidelines/Internal procedures and Italian legislation
- Medical or Scientific Degree
- At least 2/3 years of experience in the role
- Understanding of sales and marketing and pharmaceutical medical information
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to manage incoming data and/or requests in a timely manner and escalate when appropriate
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in relationship and stakeholder management experience
- Proficiency in English and Italian
- Qualified Doctor in the relevant Therapeutic Area
- PhD in the relevant Therapeutic Area
- Previous experience in the Oncology field
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. We’re opening new ways to work, pioneering ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Line Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.