Senior Manager, Data Management
Senior Manager, Data Management
This is what you will do:
Alexion RDU is looking to build the next generation of patient centric data analytic and application platforms. We are looking for a qualified individual whose passion is understanding how to best utilize healthcare data and platforms to drive business innovation.
Senior Manager, Data Management is a key member of the Data & Analytics, IT team has close interaction with IT business partners and business function leadership. The individual must be a self-starter with strong communication, and organizational skills who will work to become a trusted partner to the Alexion functions. The Senior Manager, Data Management will work across the Alexion RDU functions to ensure that Alexion RDU data is being utilized effectively and strategically.
This role will work very much in a consultant capacity, partnering with business stakeholders globally as well as Alexion IT management to ensure that the organization is effectively managing their data assets and utilizing architecture that makes the best use of those data assets. This individual is also responsible understanding cross-functional business processes and unique data demands, often participating in matrix teams in solution delivery involving data and platforms.
You will be responsible for:
The Senior Manager, Data Management will be responsible for supporting IT and business driven activities which will include the following:
- Responsible for deploying and managing master and reference data and deploy information standards
- Accountable for providing IT leadership for implementation of MDM solutions across different business functions
- Play the role of system owner for MDM and RDM platforms for Alexion, Astrazeneca RDU and lead operational support and development team for existing solutions
- Work closely with Metadata Management teams, Business Leads and Information Architects in defining data models, data quality rules and governance standards
- Contribute to decision-making and evaluation of data and/or platform vendors
- Coordinate with internal delivery teams, facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables, track deliverables, while working with product owners and vendor teams ensure compliance and bare minimums with respect to quality and audit are met
- Supports key data IT strategies such as Data Governance, Reference Data, Metadata and Data Provisioning & Ops
You will need to have:
- 5 – 7 years experience in the Technology industry
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical data like Customer and Vendor master – HCP/HCO, Product and Payer Master
- Strong experience in data warehousing and Master, Reference and Metadata concepts
- Experience in deploying MDM solutions leveraging platforms like Veeva Network , Reltio or Informatica
- Exposure to semantic layer creation using RDM platforms like Semaphore
- Familiarity with profiling and metadata management platforms preferably Collibra
We would prefer for you to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required, with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
- Must have excellent analytical and logical thinking
- Exposure to Inetgration and Data Engineering processes and concepts
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.