Medical Science Liaison
Field-based position responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with healthcare professionals. Provides scientific, technical and pharmacoeconomic information to customers.
- Identifies and engages key customers with scientific expertise and business knowledge of AstraZeneca marketed products and compounds in development
- Develops peer-level relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, (KOLs) Key Decision Makers (KDMs), and researchers consistent with Scientific and Medical Affairs strategy and objectives
- Identifies pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the goals of Clinical Development activities and Therapeutic Brand Teams initiatives
- Provides actionable information that enhances the value and appropriate use of AZ products to internal stakeholders
- Responds to customer inquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s products and services
- Delivers appropriate clinical and scientific information that clinically differentiates AstraZeneca products
- Adheres to internal standard processes and complies with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Sustains expertise in disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape
- Bachelors degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine or equivalent
- 4-6 years experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, commercial or clinical development
- Knowledge of customer segments and market dynamics
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.