Pharmacovigilance Manager (50%)
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, Diabetes, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit: www.astrazeneca.com
This is your opportunity!
We are recruiting a Pharmacovigilance Manager (50 %)
In this position you are responsible for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness and any adverse effects or side effects of our pharmaceutical products on the market and ensure that our drugs are safe for patients. You will identify opportunities to improve processes within Pharmacovigilance and provide practical solutions. You will be reporting into the Medical Governance Lead.
Your main responsibilities:
· responsible for ensuring the collection, processing and documentation of reports on adverse drug reactions (ADRs) in compliance with the national, international and group internal reporting requirements
· Monitor compliance and medical quality control of UAW notifications to our central data entry point and authorities
· Medical advice to internal and external customers on questions of adverse effects and interactions of AstraZeneca products
· Manage assigned PV projects
· regular exchange and updates with MIPS EMEA and PS Global
· Remediate any pharmacovigilance deficiencies found during regulatory or internal audits
· Assist with pharmacovigilance processes, preparation of SOPs, product safety reviews and literature reviews as required
· University degree in life science
· Experience in drug safety
· Knowledge or experience of the pharmaceutical industry
· Customer service experience
· Ability to manage incoming data or requests in a timely manner and escalate them when appropriate
· Systematic thinking, organization skills, flexibility and solution-oriented mindset
· good understanding of pharmacovigilance, drug development, clinical research and study processes
· Knowledge of ICH guidelines, European and Swiss Pharmacovigilance regulations
· Hands-on experience and attention to detail
· sound knowledge of relevant databases
· Comprehensive PC user knowledge, including databases
· very good knowledge of spoken and written German, English and French
· A lively, interesting and international environment.
· An exciting opportunity in a successful pharmaceutical company with highly innovative product portfolio and many launches this year onwards
· An attractive package rounds off this interesting offer.
We are looking forward to receiving your electronic application via our global career website. For more information on career opportunities, please visit our global career portal.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.