Medical Project Coordinator
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, diabetes, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit: www.astrazeneca.com
This is your opportunity!
In order to strengthen our Medical team, we are looking for a new team member as
Medical Project Coordinator
In this role you are responsible for performing a variety of secretarial, administrative and project-oriented activities for the Medical Director and the team of the Swiss Affiliate
Your main tasks:
- Responsible for performing a variety of secretarial, administrative and project-oriented activities in support of the Medical Director, including diary arrangements and travel in line with AZ policy.
- Manages Evidence Generation Systems and Tools to ensure the information is updated, based on the information received from study sites or the medical team, as well seek proactively for information as necessary.
- Keeps the medical team and the study sites aware of requirements and timelines, for each project, ensuring they are met or at least make them aware of the need of corrective measures.
- Controlling the Medical (non-branded) budget and the budget for the evidence generation projects, ensuring the most accurate and latest view forecast is enforced.
- Co-ordinates administration of medical projects ensuring adequate time management and delivering on planned cost and specification.
- Ensuring the production of reporting documentation and escalating deadlines and outstanding actions to Project Owner.
- Coordinating meetings and off-site events (e.g. Team Meetings and Advisory Boards).
- Contract management and administration.
- Managing internal and external customer requests.
- Educational background in the medical field
- Prior Administrative and Project coordination experience (desirably in a similar role)
- Ability to follow processes
- Written and spoken communications in English and German, French would be desirable
- Competent in the use of relevant office equipment and systems, with experience of a variety of software/systems
- Can create and maintain systems for efficiency for both self and others
- Understanding and or experience in clinical research administration (desired)
- Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- A lively, interesting and varied environment
- An exciting challenge in a successful, international pharmaceutical company.
- An attractive package rounds off this interesting offer.
A cooperative and innovative team looks forward to meeting you. We look forward to receiving your electronic application on our global career portal.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.