Medical Affairs Manager (MAM) Oncology
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, diabetes, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit: www.astrazeneca.com
This is your opportunity!
We are recruiting a
Medical Affairs Manager (MAM) Oncology
The Medical Affairs Manager (MAM) works as a medical affairs expert and leads and supports all aspects of drugs in the field of oncology within cross-functional teams. The Medical Affairs Manager reports directly to the Medical Affairs Leader Oncology.
Your main tasks
- You will work in a cross-functional brand team as a medical-scientific expert in the field of oncology, with a focus on DNA Damage and Response (DDR) inhibitors with a focus on women’s cancers.
- You will be responsible for developing the medical product strategy and its implementation within the framework of the brand plan.
- You are part of the alliance management (intercompany collaboration) for the joint medical strategy of an oncology growth product.
- On the basis of the product strategy, you are dealing with clinical or medical issues as well as regulatory issues. You give your medical-scientific input on our sales promotion and other activities, including their implementation and the material used.
- You are jointly responsible for medical-scientific training and further education in the therapeutic area of oncology.
- You will participate in national and international congresses.
- You organise and implement national advisory boards and local medical projects (studies and training programmes) on your own responsibility.
- You independently support opinion leaders in Switzerland, in particular by providing and communicating scientific information on AstraZeneca's oncology products.
- You organise and conduct local events such as seminars, symposia and training for medical professionals and present scientific data at internal events.
- You are responsible for the internal release of promotional and presentation material.
- You will work with Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory and other functions on all medical issues relating to oncology products over their entire life cycle.
- You are responsible for the scientific management of the MSL (Medical Science Liaison) in your therapeutic area.
- You support the MIPS department (Medical Information/Patient Safety) in responding to medical-scientific requests for oncology products.
- You are responsible for the medical budget of your products.
- University degree in a health-related scientific field, such as M.D. or Ph.D.
- Professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in medical affairs, medical science liaison, clinical medicine and/or drug development
- Professional experience in supporting external opinion leaders in the field of oncology is desirable.
- Good understanding of oncology
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legal and ethical framework and the procedural guidelines that apply to the promotion and approval of medicinal products in Switzerland (Pharmacodex, Compliance)
- Extensive experience in data analysis, processing and effective communication (peer to peer level)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team and independently
- Communicative competence and presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German
- Very good command of written and spoken English, good knowledge of French is desired
We are looking forward to receiving your electronic application via our global career website. For more information on career opportunities, please visit our global career portal.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.