Medical Science Liaison - CVMD - Central Texas
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMD focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
If you are patient focused, passionate about developing collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders and would like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
This role is for a field-based professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise. The MSL is responsible for providing medical and scientific support for AstraZeneca's marketed products, new indication and compounds in development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as a key liaison to advanced practice health care providers (HCPs) and be a key member of the CVMD Field Medical Affairs teams.
- Develop relationships by engaging in scientific exchange with medical and scientific partners, including Healthcare Professionals and Managed Markets Customers.
- Provide impactful information that enhances the value and proper use of AZ products to internal partners.
- Respond to customer inquiries to provide focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of or clinically differentiates AstraZeneca's products and services
- Adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements
Essential for the role:
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree required (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD, MSN, NP, PA, etc.). BSN with extensive clinical experience may be considered
- Minimum of 3 years of direct patient care experience
- Previous experience in the clinical management of cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease
- Knowledge of customer segments and market dynamics
- Expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
- Must reside in territory
- Ability to travel (50-70%) – percentage varies with geography
- This position may be filled at the Associate MSL, MSL, or Sr. MSL level depending upon experience.
Desirable for the role:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Medical Science Liaison in the pharmaceutical industry
- Established track record of basic or clinical research
- Proven expertise in the drug discovery and drug development process
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
So, what’s next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.