Associate Principal Data Governance Standards
Associate Principal Data Governance Standards
Cambridge UK, Gothenburg SWE, Warsaw POL.
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve. It propels each of us forward, harnessing our differences to unlock challenges and bring new solutions.
Unleash your curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit to uncover new insights that challenge conventions. Here we are forever pushing the boundaries as we feel comfortable spotting opportunities, making quick decisions and taking smart risks.
Have the freedom to change how things are done. Powered by our spirit of curiosity we are constantly reimagining and reframing what the future looks like. Here, each of us is empowered to innovate and take smart risks that will change our course.
Data Governance Standards Operations
- Support and leads the development of MD and DQ Management processes in the areas of demand logs and DQ requirements register management on Critical Data Assets/Elements, organisational change and publication.
- Applies MD and DQ Management subject matter knowledge to effectively craft resolutions to complicated priorities across critical data assets/critical data elements. Escalates MD and DQ data governance demand that generates from workgroups and partners.
- Develop, formalize and represent MD and DQ topics in Data Governance forums, councils and board.
- Reports and drives performance of data governance processes, MD and DQ data standards and compliance within AZ functions.
- Support the reporting of periodic DQ metrics performance to stakeholders and line management.
- Provide support to the leadership in crafting and implementing a MD and DQ vision roadmap by contributing in acquiring partners consensus.
Metadata and Data Quality Management
- Prioritize data assets and develop business glossaries for harmonise MD consumption across R&D
- Enhance the development of DQ Framework, exception handling and issue management processes.
- Maintain ongoing DQ health checks and performance reporting via formalized DQ Dash boards
- Leads projects related to MD and DQ implementation, providing deep domain expertise to support internal partners with shaping their projects.
- Formalize and implements MD and DQ standards metrics to support and supervise progress against the function’s score card
- Give the definition of data standards, including data standardisation, business MD, technical MD, identification of critical data elements, DQ rules development, DQ issue management and metrics and reporting
- Liaises with SMEs and Information Architects in a proactive way, to support the development of conceptual and logical models, business glossary and ontologies.
- Collaborates with range of partners to implement data quality frameworks and guidelines and uses influence to drive discussions.
- Data Asset stewardship and guidelines
- Support the maturity of effective data accountability procedures to ensure that each data asset is governed throughout its lifetime within defined area of expertise by assigned data owners and data stewards
- Works with Data Owners and partners to maintain alignment to data quality and data governance of minimum metadata model in centralised solution – Collibra
Improvement and Change
- Support the collaboration among data stewards, system owners and technology partners on serving business needs
- Assist the development of procedures for the maintenance and use of effective metadata and quality critical data elements for consumption
- Serve as a change agent to evolve the data culture and improve maturity over time
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data or technology subject area – or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Strong domain expertise and demonstrable experience within MD and DQ disciplines and domains
- Clear solid understanding on conceptual, logical and physical data models development standard methodologies
- Experience in end to end DQ management through formalized DQ Framework
- Knowledge of standards, data management and IT management regulations, policies and principles.
- Experience of Business/IT partnering for the implementation of data catalogues, glossaries and dictionaries related solutions – like Collibra
- Knowledge and experience with regulated and/or legal environment and requirements (e.g., GxP, data privacy and security)
- Awareness of the security, privacy, ethics and quality requirements for critical data entities
- Standout colleague with the ability to influence peers to modify behaviours and provide support for the adoption of related data governance policies and standards
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Shown organisational change, interpersonal, assertiveness and negotiation skills
- Master degree in Business Administration, Information/Data Science, Informatics, computer science, economics or related subject area.
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare.
- Network of relevant contacts and relationships, incorporating external links
- Data Governance and Data Management education and certifications
- Applied data management and data science skills, including experience with related tools.
- Experience in data ownership or stewardship
- Consistent track record of publishing relevant data governance and policy topics in peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and other scientific proceedings.
- Solid understanding of the industry metadata management and Data Quality management tools
- Strong consulting skills
Why we love it
If your passion is science and you want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients’ lives, then there’s no better place to be. Here we truly understand science and apply it every day to strengthen and grow our pipeline.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
*If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links*.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.