Associate Director, Translational Medicine, Oncology, Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC)
Do you have expertise in, and a passion for drug discovery? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the delivery of robust, scientifically-driven biomarkers in drug discovery and development programs for targeted agents in our antibody drug conjugate portfolio. You will have the opportunity to impact a growing portfolio of Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) programs from inception through to life cycle management for marketed drugs in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our dedication means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
What you’ll do
We are seeking an Associate Director in Oncology Translational Medicine to develop biomarker strategies and ensuring delivery within oncology project and alliance teams. Working in partnership with the Translational Medicine team, lead the implementation of strategic vision that enables indication selection, early indication of biological activity and patient stratification/selection in Oncology
- Delivering biomarkers for clinical studies based on the best available science and technologies.
- Generating disease linkage data to guide indication selection and targeted patient populations.
- Measuring target engagement and pharmacodynamic biomarkers reliably and quantifiably to advise clinical decisions for selecting therapeutically relevant doses and schedules.
- Understanding key cancer pathway interactions and feedback mechanisms in clinical samples to guide rational drug combinations.
- Defining novel mechanisms of resistance targeted therapies by studying tumors at relapse.
- Influence translational strategy across the AZ portfolio
- Collaborate with Oncology Research, translational Medicine and product development teams to facilitate appropriate incorporation of Translational Medicine strategies for molecules in early phases of development in Oncology.
- Collaborate with clinical operations teams to implement exploratory sample collection and analyses in clinical studies related to oncology.
- Lead internal and external research collaborations in areas of clinical technologies and oncology translational research.
- Ensure complex clinical assays developed and validated internally or externally are fit for purpose.
- Contribute to and ensure the quality of clinical study reports, data reviews and interpretations, presentations, scientific publications and recommendations to development teams and management.
Essential for the role
- PhD and/or MD with extensive experience in drug development
- In-depth knowledge of oncology disease area biology (including breast and/or lung cancer) and translational science.
- Ability to drive, manage, execute and deliver results for complex multi-functional projects.
- Highly developed problem solving and risk management skills.
- Highly developed collaborative working skills.
- Ability to act as an external ambassador and to influence external organisations to enhance the image and reputation of AstraZeneca.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others.
Desirable for the role
- Expertise in antibody drug conjugates.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare. Naturally curious, we are forever connecting and collaborating. Uncovering new insights that equip us to challenge convention and push the boundaries. We are a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Committed to living our values – they guide our behaviours, actions and decisions, everyday. With our ground-breaking pipeline comes a bright future – exciting opportunities and varied work. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Competitive salary & benefits
Close date: 04/05/2021
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
- If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to Louise Bennett
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.