Early Commercial Director, Metabolism
Early Commercial Director, Metabolism
Cambridge, UK | Gothenburg, Sweden | Gaithersburg, US
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Commercial Leadership? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact Metabolism in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Get to directly impact the lives of patients by turning our deep and broad pipeline into a reality. Here patients always come first – we address unmet needs, from nephrology to immunology, and provide patient care along the entire journey. Have the opportunity to be involved in the next big thing, whilst making a meaningful difference to patients and wider society
What you’ll do
- Shape Metabolism product strategies
- Work with Project Leaders on the multi-disciplinary effort to create differentiated disease area and asset specific target product profiles (TPPs) that are validated with insights from external experts and/or key customer groups
- Produce detailed strategic and operational commercial plans that address positioning, segmentation, pricing, value proposition, target market selection, etc.. Track and manage associated budget to target.
- Oversee the development and delivery of an optimized customer insight plan that delivers deep and actionable insights on key outstanding business questions required to inform product development and brand strategy plans as well as asset valuation
- Develop future proofed revenue forecasts and business cases that are informed by robust customer insights with an overlay of commercial judgement
- The responsibility to deliver the commercial valuation of potential Metabolism business development opportunities
Essential for the role
- BA/BS is required
- Experience in pharmaceutical development and commercialization
- Demonstrated success working in marketing teams to deliver: effective commercial brand strategies, compelling business cases, and a wide variety of licensing proposals
- Strong working knowledge of forecasting, market research, actionable insight generation, and competitive landscape analysis and interpretation
- Sound internal and external stakeholder/partner engagement skills with demonstrated ability to seamlessly navigate scientific and commercial organizations to drive favourable business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication/presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Scientific curiosity
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- High personal drive to find new solutions and challenge the broader organisation to deliver
Desirable for the role
- Relevant Therapeutic Area knowledge - Metabolism
- Commercial/ marketing role in US or Large Markets with Launch Experience
- Broad US/Global professional relationships with Key External Experts in Renal
Be part of changing the practice of medicine forever. A place to be at the forefront; proactive, innovative and brave, we don’t stop. It means we dare to do the big studies in the real world, utilising primary and secondary data, leading the field in evidence generation and external scientific engagement.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Job posting start date: 07/06/2021
Job posting end date: 17/07/2021
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.