Principal Statistician - Early Oncology
Principal Statistician - Early Oncology
Location: Cambridge, UK
Competitive salary and benefits
Play a critical role in making our pipeline accessible to patients.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Biostatistics? Would you like to apply your skills to impact all phases of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team dedicated to Oncology, with an ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It’s our big vision that unites and inspires us. With multiple indications and high-quality molecules at all stages of our innovative pipeline, we keep pushing forward. Fusing cutting-edge science with the latest technology to achieve breakthroughs. Backed by investment, we are aiming to deliver 6 new molecular entities by 2025.
We work on some of the most complex and interesting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide
range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Principal Statistician, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Focus & Challenge of Position
- To lead the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation of AZ products.
- Leadership to statistical staff on the product world-wide so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations
- Through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
- Setting the standards (and enforcing compliance) for statistical work within the product;
- Holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables;
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications;
- Promote, investigate, develop and implement novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration.
- Develop relationships with international opinion leaders, consultants and collaborative groups.
- Mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics(containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- In depth knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Expert leadership capabilities to be able to lead and direct project work
- Extensive experience of Development, programme design and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of major regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills required – the energy to work across global & functional boundaries, both internally and externally
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus
- Experience working on Oncology studies is needed
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Date advert opened: 23rd March 2021
Date advert closed for applications: 23rd April 2021
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.