Associate Director/Team Leader Renal Bioscience
Associate Director / Team Leader for the Renal bioscience In Vivo team
Do you have expertise within the Kidney Disease area combined with scientific excellence and strong leadership skills? Would you like to apply your expertise in an working environment where we are following the science and turn ideas into life changing medicines? Then you might be the one we are looking for!
We are now recruiting an Associate Director / Team Leader for the Renal bioscienceIn Vivo team within the Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM) therapeutic area at AstraZeneca in Cambridge.
CVRM is based in AstraZeneca’s world-class vibrant R&D center, located in Cambridge, UK. Renal disease is one of AstraZenecas strategic research areas within CVRM that aims towards new treatments that will halt, slow or reverse the progression of kidney disease. As a Team Leader for theRenal in vivo team you will lead a team of skilled scientist, working at the forefront of renal disease science and drug development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive innovation and scientific excellence in the renal area through internal scientific development, external collaborations and publications.
- Create and maintain a work environment in which scientific challenge and innovation are maximized
- Drive projects as bioscience lead
- Propose and drive novel in vivo technologies and models
- Develop, mentor, motivate and inspire scientists;
- Strong focus on managing performance and setting demanding, achievable and measurable objectives
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant area
- In depth understanding of Kidney Disease biology
- Strong leadership capabilities with emphasis on people management
- Drug hunting and biotech attitude with record in leading projects
- Superb academic credibility including recent high quality/impact publications
- Proven ability to manage complex collaborations and partnerships
- Excellent English, both spoken and written
- Experience of working in the industry
If you are interested, apply now!
Placement: AstraZeneca R&D, Cambridge, UK
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. In addition to being one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, AstraZeneca is proud to provide a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and cross-boundary collaboration. Within this environment employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives, and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.