Senior IT Project Manager - Data & AI
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering ground-breaking projects.
AstraZeneca has recently launched a Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformation programme to position us at the forefront of our field over the coming years. This includes significant investment in cutting edge machine learning and automation techniques, supported by an uplift in our data quality, standards and data engineering.
Can you help achieve our 3 key priorities? We are focused on:
- Establish a robust R&D Data Foundation for Science, ensuring our R&D data is F.A.I.R: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable & Reusable. The Data Foundation will implement common technologies, infrastructure & tools, along with the processes, standards & quality assurance – to make data “analytics & AI ready”. In scope is data from omics, clinical trials, ADD, imaging, literature, and real-world data, with more to be added over time
- Transform our ability to surface key Biological Insights through novel hypothesis generation algorithms deployed over complex knowledge graphs – leading to enhanced validation of our drug targets as well as the identification of new drug targets, and improving our understanding of the biological mechanisms underpinning disease
- Advance our capabilities in Augmented Drug Design (ADD) for both small & large molecules – employing the very latest in machine learning and automation approaches to our Design-Make-Test-Analyse (DMTA) and biologics screening processes – leading to increased efficiency in lead identification, identification of novel molecules and higher clinical success rates
Help us to realise the unprecedented opportunities afforded by advances in data availability, computing power and AI to improve the way we discover and develop medicines. Be a catalyst for change, someone that wants to work across IT and the business and make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
You will ensure delivery aligns to the vision and business strategy, and that true business value is delivered to the customer as a result. Having a strong partnership with the business customer driving the demand for the solution is critical to success in this role.
The role views process as guidance and looks for innovative means to expedite delivery. You must ensure that delivery occurs with a sense of urgency and can be completed within the approved programme/project budget and timelines, whilst continuously assessing risk and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to standard methods and tools. Focus areas include stakeholder management across Business, IT, and partners, risk management and delivery of business benefit.
Experience in the following areas will be key:
- Science, Technical or Business degree or equivalent years of experience
- IT Project Management experience, ideally in a Pharmaceutical environment with experience of GxP and validation
- Blue-chip or multinational company experience
- Proven project management skills and experience of delivering, leading and controlling large projects /programmes (managing plans, budgets and forecasts, tasks, risks and issues, change management and status reporting to support effective decisions and project reporting to stakeholders and review boards)
- Development of IT quality documentation management
- Coordinate status and delivery of project workstreams. Identify / manage dependencies between projects (intra-program and across portfolio).
- Agile delivery experience
- Experience of working with external vendors and onshore and offshore suppliers
- Experience working in a global organization and across cultural boundaries
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Apply today to part of something extraordinary....
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all you for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.