Marketing Lead - Lung
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a major Oncology brand, developing and inspiring the marketing team to innovate and compete effectively in-market through cohesive global and local cross-functional working both internally and externally.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on four main disease areas: breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Lead will own the development of brand strategy and the implementation of the tactical plan, as well as the launch of lung indications.
This includes the external strategy and commercial interaction with key customer groups within the therapeutic area, including clinical, governmental, national and regional payer groups to deliver positive outcomes. Working with key internal stakeholders the Marketing Lead will lead strategic planning for patient access (Value story/propositions) and communicate accordingly for the nominated brand.
The Marketing Lead is also responsible for the delivery of sales and customer value within defined resources. You will be accountable for all marketing team deliverables for key brand including area plan, tactical plan and support to local account-based working.
This role will also have area accountabilities for selected brands and contribute to the development and implementation of the Oncology Business unit strategic and operational plans.
- Strong marketing leadership with a successful track record of growing market share as well as preparing for and successfully launching new products and brands.
- Creative marketing capabilities together with rigorous commercial business sense
- Pharmaceutical experience in Oncology at senior marketing level
- Experience of working within cross-functional business units
- Demonstrable success within Oncology Marketing leadership across several brands
- In depth understanding of Account Planning and Customer Engagement programme and processes
- Good knowledge of local and international Oncology through leaders
- In depth understanding of local healthcare system pricing and reimbursement
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Sales management experience
- Lung Cancer experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.