Formulation Supply Planner
Position: Formulation Supply Planner
Location: Macclesfield - UK
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
We are passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring innovative ideas to life.
The planning team sits within the Sourcing and Supply Team in UK Operations. The department handles the material flow through the factory, enabling our packaging and processing areas to produce stock for customer orders. Post manufacture, the department also handles all product storage and shipment to over 100 countries globally.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw&feature=youtu.be
Are you an experienced Supply Chain professional looking for your next career opportunity? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity that could offer you a new challenge.
The role of the Formulation Supply Planner is to identify optimum planning sequences and scenarios to ensure customers are supplied with compliant product in a cost and time effective manner.
Holding responsibility for a portfolio of production lines/areas, you will work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to deliver excellent Customer Service whilst ensuring that Quality and Cost targets are met.
- Formulate production and packing plans in line with customer demands and communicate effectively with internal customers, line productions, warehouse and procurement teams.
- Plan bulk and component availability to meet manufacturing plans.
- Plan deployment of WIP components across manufacturing assets to ensure optimal use and efficiency.
- Assess capacity loadings of production areas, sales patterns of markets (over/under selling) to ensure stocks managed accordingly.
- Understand impacts of over planning, under planning, changeover times, resource deployment, market activity etc. and to use this information to develop the plan.
- Formulate stock deployment plans, to ensure product dispatch takes place in line with market/asset demand expectations.
- Manage inventory levels at source and market within agreed budgets, contributing to re-work and destruction processes.
- Own relevant Master Data, its maintenance and improvement.
- Provide functional support on key Sourcing and Supply projects.
- Experience of planning within a dynamic and fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and navigate ambiguity.
- Strong influencer who can confidently handle a complex and changing workload.
- In-depth working knowledge of SAP. APO planning experience would be a plus.
- Experience of Pharmaceutical GMP principles would be helpful as would a greater knowledge of other areas of the Supply Chain.
- Experience of working in a Lean environment, and knowledge of Lean principles and tools would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience working on Formulation of Oncology drugs would be an advantage
We encourage your application for this exciting opportunity no later than midnight on Wednesday 5th August 2020.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.