Immunology Franchise Head
Immunology Business Unit
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As Franchise Head of our Immunology Business Unit, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
- Develop a strategic launch plan and deliver a world-class successful commercial launch for the first product in our emerging Immunology portfolio (in autoimmune disease).
- Accountability for the commercial (sales, local market access & marketing) strategy, people leadership, sales performance and profitability of the franchise, ensuring the business objectives are achieved.
- Enterprise leadership of cross functional brand/ disease plans, ensuring strong collaboration across Commercial, Medical, Market Access, and Government Affairs.
- Degree or equivalent
- ABPI qualified
- Immunology and specifically Rheumatology therapy area knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of UK external environment
- Over achievement in sales performance and growing market share
- Strong marketing and strategic planning skills, experience of preparing successful launch plans with proven success
- Exceptional cross functional leadership skills, aligning disease strategies with all cross functional teams (Medical, Access, Government Affairs, and Enabling teams)
- Excellent at developing individuals and teams, sets an ambitious and clear vision and builds organisational commitment
- Role models AZ Values & Behaviours
- Maintains high ethical standards
- International or Global experience
- Specialty business experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.