Global Process Expert – Global Labelling Business Process
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people globally and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease. Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working.
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible! We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
The Global Labelling Business Process (GLBP) is a global cross-functional process for converting Regulatory text into approved artwork for the production of printed packaging components. This process is essential to the success of AstraZeneca as without correct artwork it is not possible to produce AstraZeneca packs. The process is used by ~1600 people and processes ~10,000 artwork changes a year.
This role supports the global business process owner (artwork management process) in the maintaining and improving the global process, standards and governance. In particular this vacancy has arisen to focus on supporting third party suppliers and will have a lot of interaction with external customers who AstraZeneca has divested products to.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the pharmaceutical industry at an appropriate level and will include relevant experience of the Global Labelling Business Process and/or interaction with external partners. The jobholder will be part of a global team, collaborating with global & regional partners, in crafting and delivering improvement to this process.
- Drive and advocate the need for process harmonization and use of global standards
- Lead the reporting of process metrics to enable governance and drive performance at a global level
- Play a lead role in mentoring and developing technical skills and delivering training to the process network, including Regional Process Champions and Local Process Specialists
- Review and develop training materials for super user and process champion training
- Lead process audits across the network
- Lead continuous improvement activities
- Support the GPO in managing the global process governance network providing support and challenge as required, ensuring that processes are optimized to the benefit of all AZ
- Propose significant changes to- and improvements of- the global process standards and policies
- Deputise for the GPO when required
- Maintain strong links & relationships across AZ with related central functions/Operation sites/MCs and initiatives in the company which contribute to the delivery of the Global Labelling Business Process
- Experience of designing and operating processes for a global enterprise with significant geographical and functional footprint
- Experience of business transformation driven by process improvement
- Experience of managing project work streams/subprojects
- Good understanding of business process management
- Team working/influencing skills - the ability to positively influence both internally and externally to motivate them to work for common and harmonized process even when this may mean local change / sacrifices
- Fluent in English (written and verbally)
Impact on Business Results:
The robustness and performance of the Global Labelling Business process has a direct impact on a number of key AZ business activities/outcomes. The process can directly impact the ability of AZ to deliver our Bold Ambition. IMTs in AZ is linked to labelling change. Ensuring that GLBP is continually improved and followed by Regulatory and Operations prevents quality issues. As well as quality being important, ensuring artworks are progressed in a timely way is key to ensuring that compliant artworks are available for supply of packs to patients. Updating artworks in a compliant and timely way is important to the success of AstraZeneca.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.