Statisticians - Oncology
Statisticians - Oncology
Location: Various Locations (US, EU and UK)
Salary: Competitive, with excellent benefits.
Career Level: Various
Would you like to be involved with a Biostatistics group who have direct strategic impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting innovative medicines to patients?
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every single day. We are building on our strong pipeline and turning ideas into life-changing medicines that benefit patients around the globe.
Our biometrics teams use their expertise in statistics and programming to answer drug development objectives and reduce uncertainty in product development, driving better business decisions with quantitative reasoning.
The new R&D Oncology organisation brings together early and late oncology teams, from discovery through to late-stage development, with Oncology specific Regulatory and Biometrics groups.
Roles include study lead statistician as well as project lead statistician roles involving leading the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the development plan, study design and execution, regulatory and commercial strategy, as well as reimbursement assessment of AZ products. There are many career options you can pursue for progression including technical pathways, management of global projects or line management.
You’ll be part of a global team that pulls together to put patients first.
Reporting to an Director/Senior Director, you will provide statistical expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Analyse internal and external information to inform design decisions and the development of decision criteria
- Support for delivering studies, both internally and externally, all the way from the clinical study protocol to study reports and publications
- Lead statistical contributions to regulatory submissions and approvals.
- Contribute to payer and reimbursement assessments.
- Find opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design
- Identify and apply statistical methodology to improve the process and delivery activities
- Perform ad hoc and exploratory data analyses
- Quantify the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile
- Holding CROs accountable for the high-quality standards of their deliverables
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications
- Promote, investigate, develop and implement novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues.
To succeed in this role, you’ll be a Biostatistician with good knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to statistical work within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry. You’ll enjoy multitasking, collaborating and have an appetite for solving problems. You will need to be an effective communicator globally, with a strong team focus who enjoys collaborating to achieve the best results.
Essential experience includes:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics or Mathematics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience working as a statistician, preferably in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- Diligence – attention to detail and able to handle concurrent projects and activities
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills and ability to influence partners
- Experience of drug development, study design and data analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of regulatory submission requirement
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.