Business Analyst, Medical IT
At AstraZeneca, patients are at the heart of everything we do.
A global company that pushes the boundaries of science, we all share a big purpose: to discover and develop life-changing medicines that save lives.
In IT we make a direct impact on that purpose – enabling the entire business to perform at its peak. Combining ground breaking science with leading digital technology platforms and our own data sets.
Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it – with countless opportunities to learn and grow your career. You get to design your path, but there’s support all the way!
As a Medical IT Business Analyst, you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of the Medical IT domain and its associated platforms and systems.
You’ll develop strong working relationships with global Medical colleagues and partners and will work with these groups to document, assess, validate and prioritize demand. You’ll work closely with our Commercial IT colleagues across Architecture, Veeva CoE, Project Managers, Release Management, and Testing to prioritize and deliver this demand. You’ll partner with BRMs and BAs on the team to make sure that the Medical roadmap is aligned to business priorities and requirements.
You will perform business analysis and design either alone, delivering small to medium size business change activities, or as a member or lead of a BA team in a large or global business change. The Business Analyst operates with a high level of interactive communication, demonstrating high levels of inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The role will partner with the BioPharma Medical Business Relationship Manager, taking ownership to deliver high quality business cases, business process designs and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs.
The Medical IT Business Analyst will share standard methodologies in relevant communities of practice, supplying to internal IT processes and standards for business analysis and design.
This role is expected to perform at a sophisticated level in the following:
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals. Actively supervises and identifies capability gaps and proposes potential solutions through research internally and externally.
- Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and leading theirs and other team member’s activities to meet deliverables and deadlines. Accountable for performance and quality of analytical work delivered, both their own and the work of others.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies stakeholders from all areas of the business, and actively builds and manages relationships according to individual needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and partners.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Highly responsive to changing business priorities with ability to plan ahead, accounting for potential changes and corrective actions. Sophisticated requirements elicitation and management skill-set; including traceability, testing and validation. Coordinates the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case Definition - Shapes and defines the business case, producing detailed business justification for investment including value and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation - Highly proficient in analyzing and assessing solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
Work closely with:
- Business Stakeholders to ensure that solutions fulfill their future strategic needs and challenges.
- Business Relationship Managers to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development.
- Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands.
- Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness.
- IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Work cross-functionally with or take ownership for:
- Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
- Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Organizational Change and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Experience, Skills and Capabilities
Demonstrable experience of successfully deploying a variety of business analysis tools/techniques to enable business change
Validated experience of working with sophisticated integrated systems, using creative and critical thinking to deliver exceptional results
Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder leadership skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
Experience of working in a regulated environment
Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
Experience of working with and handling third party suppliers/vendors
Challenge, negotiation and influence
Presentation, Communication & Facilitation
Benefits Management and Realization
Business Process Management
Degree in relevant field or formal certification in business analysis practice
Previous experience working with systems used in the Medical domain e.g. SalesForce, Veeva, Adobe, MicroStrategy (or similar), Reltio
Lean SIGMA training
Practical usage of Agile Methodology
Experience of working in a global organization with sophisticated/geographical context
Pharmaceutical business awareness/business domain knowledge
Cross-industry business awareness/business domain knowledge
User-Centred Design (User Experience, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We align with all applicable laws and regulations on inclusivity in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.