Forecasting Director, Global Renal
Candidate Focus and Challenge – Job Description
The Forecasting Leader is a critical business partner with the brand team, producing forecasts and collaborating with the team on how to manage risks and opportunities for the business. As a Forecast Leader, you will have responsibility for a brand/brands and play an integral role in understanding performance, setting expectations for performance, and guiding brand strategy. They will be responsible for implementing and ensuring consistent application of standard methodologies across the organization drawing from inside and outside the industry, leading to objective forecasts supported by insight & analytics. You will partner with the Forecast Lead, Senior Director to help develop and implement new capabilities and improvements and assist in training across the Forecasting team.
This role is reserved for someone with marketing and research experience who has deep forecasting and quantitative technical skills, as well as primary market research experience. As such, those who will qualify for this position are both technically sound and have the ability to be a proactive internal consultant, adding value to AstraZeneca's commercial organization beyond their analytical prowess.
- Proactive identification of Renal portfolio and brand risks and opportunities, and strategies for how to address them to deliver business success.
- Ensuring objectivity of brand/therapeutic area forecasts of internal and external opportunities through establishing objectives aligned around forecast accuracy.
- Developing brand volume forecasts, both short-term and long-term, to foster into strategic and operational planning processes.
- Proactive identification of portfolio and brand risks and opportunities, and strategies for how to address them to deliver business success.
- Forecast and lead/interact with multiple countries during strategic planning process. Undertake strategic long-term brand and franchise forecasting and provide strategic perspective/guidance on portfolio and brand strategy, as well as new product introduction volume forecasting and mentorship.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing model leadership
- Foster the use of local customer insight in strategic and resourcing decisions across the business. Monitors the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- This role does not have direct reports but may have responsibility to lead external contractors.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of analytical experience, 3 years in Health Care Industry including experience in product forecasting. In-depth knowledge of forecasting techniques and use of different forecast models and approaches.
- Strong understanding of primary market research, advanced analytics, and competitive intelligence.
- Experience in Commercial Evaluation / Global Strategic Planning preferred
- 5 years’ experience in US Pharma Industry, making decisions on major drivers of product success, advising on drug development candidate process and Health Care environment.
- Multiple-year experience, preferably in Global or ex-US Pharma Industry, making decisions on major drivers of product success, advising on drug development candidate process.
- Experience utilising a range of analytics involving standard data in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. IQVIA (MIDAS, DDD NPA, Monthly Xponent), claims data (Truven, Marketscan), epidemiological data etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters in areas such as Statistics/Decision Sciences)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.