AskIT & Onsite Team Lead
At AstraZeneca, patients are at the heart of everything we do.
A global company that pushes the boundaries of science, we all share a big purpose: to discover and develop life-changing medicines that save lives.
Our role is to keep the business productive. Bringing together technology and service, with efficiency and security we drive the effective use of tools, processes and ways of working. A unique combination of reliability, and proactivity and collaboration. Always maintaining our global standards, whilst seeking opportunities for improvement across all our infrastructure.
The End User Services function provides IT Services for the entire AZ organisation. The function is truly global in scale with team members across Asia, Europe and the Americas
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an AskIT & Onsite Team Lead to join our End User Services function out of our Macclesfield location. You will report to the Regional Onsite Service Manager within a matrix organization under Customer Effectiveness but aligning with local Campus IT Management.
Role Focus & Challenge
You will be responsible for the end user experience and delivery of end user IT services. You will perform the day-to-day onsite IT activities so that Customer Effectiveness, Service Excellence and Campus IT objectives are met.
You will be accountable for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of Corporate IT EUS (End User Services) services to our global customers through the Global ‘AskIT’ service (an enhanced end user support service on key sites Tech/Genius Bar) and the effective delivery of Deskside support services.
You will manage a team of onsite engineers who will be delivering various tasks such as incident and/or demand management, ‘AskIT’ (including customer service), being the point of contact for the central teams, process adherence, service improvements and satisfaction measures, Asset management and stock inventory of any IT equipment on site to support Joiners, Movers and Leavers processes.
- Task and service management of the onsite team including third-party engineers within a matrix organisation.
- Produces and analyses management reports to allocate work and report on KPI trends
- Resolves customer escalation in a timely manner to avoid disruption and minimise business impact
- Ensure AskIT SOP is followed, managing team to achieve KPI’s.
- Ensure team have the right skills, review and maintain skills on a regular basis.
- Ensure process and work instruction documentation is in place and up to date.
- Provide input into Security and compliance audits. Complete subsequent actions in a timely manner
- Ensure Team meets SLA performance targets. Report and manage KPI targets, Open ticket age & updates, MTTR, Re-assignment count.
- AskIT RAG status · Maintain & improve Customer satisfaction levels
- Line manage and lead an onsite team, including recruitment, developing people to achieve goals and ensuring a Great Place to Work
- Proactively engage and influence cross-functional stakeholders internally and externally, and build strong alliances to leverage and promote optimised utilisation of data, information and knowledge
What we are looking for?
- Experience of working in an ITIL and Lean focused environment
- Strong technical knowledge in onsite deskside support technologies
- Demonstrated leadership capability and experience of leading teams in a complex global organisation
- The desire to achieve and always maintain the highest level of customer experience
- Ability to influence strategically and persuade tactfully to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organisational relationships
- Drive future innovation and continuous improvement
- Knowledge and experience of ServiceNow is desirable
AstraZeneca is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it – with countless opportunities to learn and grow your career. You get to craft your path, but there’s support all the way. If this sounds of interest... we would love to hear from you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.