Data Visualization/BI professional (Entry-Level/Experienced)
Do you have expertise in programming and a background in computer science or life science? Are you skilled in data visualizations and eager to apply your knowledge in a truly meaningful setting? If so, this might be the position for you!
AstraZeneca is looking to recruit a Data Visualization professional to join the Data Management, Access and Visualization team within the Clinical Pharmacology & Safety Sciences, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CPSS/DSAI) function. The position will be located at one of AstraZeneca’s vibrant R&D sites; preferably in Gothenburg, Sweden or in Cambridge, UK.
Clinical Pharmacology & Safety Sciences (CPSS) is a function within Biopharmaceutical R&D, AstraZeneca’s small molecule biotech unit which delivers candidate drugs into late-stage clinical development. The role of CPSS is to characterize absorption, disposition, metabolism and elimination (ADME) properties of compounds, non-clinical toxicology and off-target pharmacology. Working in disease-focused project teams we help to discover efficacious molecules with good safety profiles.
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence are dedicated to developing computational models to aid projects to design and select molecules with the right safety and ADME profiles. This comprises the application of novel algorithms, the utilization of novel types of data, as well as the validation and deployment of models within the wider company.
What you will do:
As a Data Scientist in the team, you will work with cutting edge technology in an open and collaborative environment, nursing innovative ideas. The group has a strong focus on data access, warehousing and visualization of experiential, as well as, predictive data. To achieve the data quality we desire, we work collaboratively with our off-shore support teams, across DASI and outside CPSS, as required.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Application and development of data visualizations, expertise in creating high quality visualizations
- Extract, Transform and Load data from multiple sources to scientists
- Develop and support R and Python applications
- Support our Scientist to best utilize information from our data lake
- Training users using our applications and APIs
Essentials in the role:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in computer science, life science, or a related field; preferably with industry experience (the position can be filled flexibly at either entry or more senior level)
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas
- Expertise in data visualizations (preferable Spotfire or Power BI)
- Knowledge in ETL tools and platforms
- Expertise in programming (particularly R/Python). Previous experience using cloud platforms would be beneficial
- Training experience on software applications is a plus
- Team player with innovative thinking, enthusiasm, energy and drive
- Open-minded, and ready to embrace new ideas and different perspectives
- Strong critical thinking, planning, organizational and time management skills
Desirable in the role:
- Experience of Pharmaceutical R&D
- SEND data standards for pre-clinical studies
When we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey in finding new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
If you this sound like the job and place for you - apply today!
We look forward to your application as soon as possible, but no later than 31st August, 2020.
For more information about the position, please contact hiring manager Patrik Kagelid (email@example.com).
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.