Study Physician (Late Stage Oncology)
Study Physician, Late Oncology
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and commit real resources to make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicine is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Big success can come from seeing potential in something . We empower our people to seek these out, and we support them to pursue the opportunities they find !
Late Stage Oncology is the science engine room for our late stage development. Our strategy and ability to transform our portfolio means we have a late stage pipeline that presents opportunities to push the boundaries of science to deliver medicines. We transform clinical concepts into medicines that deliver patient health benefits !
In Late Stage Oncology development, we have a key role to play. Faced with sophisticated disease challenges, we’re passionate about outstanding performance to transform molecules into medicines that change lives. We are responsible for enabling the business to make pipeline and investment decisions, to ensure they select the molecules to progress and to seize lifecycle management opportunities – generating the data required to drive regulatory submissions for new medicines and expanded indications and generating the evidence that shows their true value.
As a Study Physician/Indication Lead you will run global or regional studies within the Oncology franchise, get involved in the design, conduct, data interpretation and reporting of individual clinical trials, ensuring that all clinical studies operate to the highest ethical and safety standards and in compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and regulatory requirements. You will have a strong clinical and specialty background in Oncology and will be a peer among the industry, medicine and/or academic community.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Provides expert knowledge influencing the study design such that it reflects clinical practice, evolving landscape, regulatory and reimbursement requirements and meets the strategic program objectives.
- Defines strategies or leads AstraZeneca’s response to sophisticated technical issues for specific medical aspects in relation to current projects, new projects and various plans.
- Serve as a trial level physician and medical monitor for clinical studies.
- You will be responsible for protecting the integrity and conduct of clinical studies.
- Provide consultation to clinical operation colleagues on protocol design questions and answering protocol related questions from site investigators.
- Graduate of a recognized school of medicine with an M.D. degree or equivalent.
- Specialty training and/or clinical experience and strong academic track record in oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Immunology, or Immunotherapy.
- Experience in designing, monitoring and implementing late phase clinical trials and interpreting trial results, including an understanding of biostatistics and safety reporting.
- Ability to conduct a large study as part of a global team.
- Ability to function within a matrix environment; to contribute to decision-making and reaching alignment in order to meet ambitious timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to respect other working cultures, including academic partners.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with internal partners as well as external partners and collaborators; good presentation skills.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry R&D, particularly of major clinical landmarks and of the factors which influence those decision points.
- Ability to work across projects and to champion interactions between teams.
- Social skills that influence and shape the image of the organization.
- Understanding of the interplay between clinical development, lifecycle management, commercial objectives and regulatory requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.