Business Analyst – Portfolio & Capacity Management 12 month FTC
Business Analyst – Portfolio & Capacity Management
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
The Global Business Planning and Operations (BPO) Department is an integral group within Development Operations (Dev Ops). It consists of Strategic Planning, Business Operations, Portfolio & Capacity Management and Clinical Metrics. We provide best in class portfolio and capacity management which enables informed business decisions and maximises portfolio delivery.
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is principally to drive decision making by building connections between people and information. This enables tactical and strategic actions and decision making at all levels across the function and beyond. This is an exciting time for AstraZeneca and for Development operations as we move towards a new era in big data and digitalisation. There is a great opportunity for this role to be at the fore front of moving portfolio and capacity management into the digital space and using new technologies to achieve this.
Primary responsibilities will be centred around balancing the demands of the Portfolio & Capacity, as you perform analyses of the balance between Capacity & Demand within and across TA’s (Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals). The insights provided will enable refinement of demand algorithms and options/proposals for capacity balancing. You will also influence the direction our Portfolio Management by identifying key trends/analysis, highlighting implications and opportunities for improved processes and outputs.
- Portfolio Analysis & Tracking. Maintain a detailed understanding of the shape of the Dev Ops Clinical Portfolio by working closely with therapeutic area leads, and by analysing past and present data and anticipating future changes.
- Portfolio Modelling. Provide effective modelling capability, and high-quality ad hoc analysis to Functional Leadership Teams and other stakeholders. Represent Dev Ops and provide Clinical input to AZ R&D modelling.
- Supporting the Portfolio Reviews, enabling the generation of options to satisfy resource constraints as well as supporting the resource implications at the Capacity Management Team.
- Data Quality. Take the technical lead to ensure data quality in source systems (PLANIT, Capaciter, etc.) and ensure visibility of data across Dev Ops. Work closely with the Clinical Planning support (PLANIT Experts) and the Capacity management TA Leads to ensure that issues are reported and addressed appropriately.
- Operational Processes Develop and maintain processes and technologies to support key operational business process activities and develop new business strategies.
- Metrics & Analytics Provide support as needed to the Director of Clinical Metrics & Analytics in line with key business cycle reporting
There will also be scope for engagement with Business initiatives, including improvement projects (i.e., reorganisation or redesign.) And you'll also be involved in Benchmarking activities.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters's preferred
- Exposure to or experience of Portfolio analysis and management, either professionally or academically
- Experience working in the pharma industry
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug development process
- Experience in modelling and databases
- Experience of effective working in a multi-cultural team
- Proven stakeholder management
- Flexibility to react to different customer needs for data/information
- Experience of communicating complex information at a senior level (verbally and written)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.