Capacity Management Manager
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and teamwork. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being results-oriented, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As the Capacity Management Manager you will be instrumental in driving the organisation’s capacity management capabilities. You will work closely with individual R&D functions (across Biopharmaceuticals and Oncology) to analyse, assess, action plan and prioritise improvements that will directly benefit the functions and enable an enterprise approach to capacity management.
Functional data analysis & remediation actions
1) Analyse functional data (resource forecasts, functional capacity, functional resource assignments, actual time, etc) and provide conclusions/trends and replay key insights to the function for validation.
2) Identify and highlight data quality issues and data gaps.
3) Work with functions to prioritise issues and ensure functional remediation actions are clear and understood.
Portfolio data quality
Analyse portfolio data to proactively identify issues and challenges. Work with appropriate stakeholders to implement remediation action/programs
Influence the direction of AZ capacity management capabilities by using functional insights, data/metrics and feedback to shape cross-functional improvement programs.
Support & best practice advice
Provide support (tactical/ad hoc) and advice to functions in the use of capacity management tools and processes. Assist functions in the adaptation of data and tool use so that the unique needs of functions are met in the most efficient way.
Your qualifications, skills and experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in business and or/sciences
- Exposure to or experience of portfolio analysis and capacity management
- Experience working in the pharma industry
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug development process
- Experience in modelling and databases
- Experience of effective working in a multi-cultural team
- Proven stakeholder management with the ability to develop strong and credible working relationships
- Flexibility to react to different customer needs for data/information
- Experience of communicating complex information at a senior level (verbally and written)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.