Biometrics Team Leader - Late R&I
Biometrics Team Leader – Late R&I
Location: Cambridge (UK)
Salary: Competitive, with excellent benefits.
Career Level: G
Reporting to: Biometrics Strategy Lead, Respiratory & Immunology (R&I) Statistics
Would you like to be a part of a Statistics group, who has direct strategic impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting medicines to patients?
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person
Our biometrics teams use their expertise in statistics and programming to answer drug development objectives and reduce uncertainty in product development, driving better business decisions with quantitative reasoning.
The Late R&I Biometrics Team Leader reports to the Biometrics Strategy Lead and is accountable for operational planning and delivery of the Late Statistics contribution to the development plans for projects in the R&I therapeutic area.
They are accountable for the quality of the quantitative decision-making criteria for their Late R&I clinical development plans presented at senior level governance meetings and to ensure the appropriate use of innovative statistical trial designs, analysis tools and data processes to clearly and robustly address the objectives of clinical studies and development programs. They are accountable for the accurate interpretation and communication of their trial results internally and externally.
They establish dynamic collaboration with the Late R&I statistics group for the agile and flexible deployment of resources. They ensure the management, attraction, recruitment, development, retention and growth of key talent for the Late R&I Statistics team.
Essential requirements for the role:
- MSc/PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics and/or other relevant fields
- Experience of pharma and the life sciences, with a comprehensive understanding of the R&D drug development lifecycle
- Substantial experience and demonstrated success providing statistical support to clinical development projects via direct report or matrix structure
- Leadership/participation in cross-industry statistical subject knowledge groups
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development process and interdependencies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture established teams
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners at different levels. A demonstrable network of external statistical peer collaborators
- Positive change management skills and pedigree
- High degree of independence required, with proven ability to present data, strategy, innovation and respond to queries in public venues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Needs the energy, experience, and motivation to work across global & functional boundaries
- Travel – willingness and ability to travel domestically & internationally.
- Resilience – ability to overcome and motivate others in the face of a changing environment
- An In-depth knowledge of clinical trial processes in early clinical development is desirable
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.