Global Medical Lead/Sr. Medical Lead - Respiratory Biologics
Position - Global Medical Lead/Sr. Medical Lead - Respiratory Biologics
Location - Gaithersburg, MD; Wilmington, DE; Cambridge, UK; Gothenburg, SE
Do you have an expertise in designing medical brand strategy globally? Are you passionate about engaging with Key External Experts to make an impact on the unmet needs of patients? Then AstraZeneca may be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a science-led, global biopharmaceutical company, with a focused portfolio in core therapies. We are committed to improving the health and lives of people across the globe, through our broad research and development platform, and a growing late-stage pipeline. Working in over 100 countries, we have strength in emerging markets, and our medicines are used by millions of patients and clinicians worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Design and manage the implementation of the Medical brand strategy globally and regionally
- Follow medical developments within Therapeutic area and disseminate new information to transform clinical trends and emerging data into new plans
- Liaise with the internal and external medical community
- Deliver medical advocacy plan that drives successful launch of new indications and innovative and differentiated new medicines within the TA
- Support team leader at TA Global Product Team, Global Brand Team and Global Medical Team
- Accountable for engaging and cultivating relationships with leading global Key External Experts to gain: contribution/ participation in advisory boards, greater understanding of the therapeutic area and insights into unmet patient needs
- Represent AZ at scientific and medical forums, including medical education forums, scientific roundtables, congresses, and symposia
- Responsible for the co-ordination of Medical Affairs activities including: Science Advisory boards, symposia, and topical workshops
- Ensuring the alignment of the publication and medical evidence plans to the integrated medical affairs plan (iMAP) and business strategy plan for the product
- Responsible for leading the initial development and ensuring the accuracy of medical promotional materials and communications prior to submission to GMQA (Global Medical Quality Assurance) for the final approval.
Essential for the role
- MD/PhD/PharmD, with in-depth knowledge of Medical Affairs
- Minimum of 5 years in Industry with experience in design and execution of medical affairs plans.
- Experience in medical support for briefing documents for regulatory interactions and payer dossiers
- Previous experience as medical lead to a cross-functional medical affair team including epidemiology, medical information, payer access and statistics
- General understanding of statistics, safety, regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with developing global or local medical strategies
- Strong network of external experts in Respiratory medicine
Desirable for the role
- Experience in respiratory biologics
This role can be filled at the Director/Sr. Director level and will be based upon the selected incumbent's level of experience.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.