Senior Product Owner - Data
Senior Product Owner - Data (Digital Health)
The Sr Product Owner for Data is a key business member of the Digital Health Product team supporting all stages of Digital Health.All Digital Health products and use cases require trusted data and a sustainable way to ensure all products can create, consume, and connect data to impact people on their healthcare journey.
Advances in digitalization, data and advance analytics are changing industries at pace with the pharma industry showing signs of movement
The Digital Health Market will grow exponentially over the next 3 years, with new applications in digital showing in phase 3 studies significant benefits for patients including overall survival in Cancer.
AstraZeneca would like to leap frog in this area and has prioritized digital in R&D as a critical strategic area of focus by 2025, as part of the overall company strategy. Digital Health R&D’s ambition is to transform healthcare, powered by digital, science and collaborations, to deliver the healthcare outcomes and experience that patients care about the most.
The Digital Health R&D journey incorporates 3 key stages
·Stage 1 – foundational, reimagine how we work, maximizing the use of digital, data and analytics to transform processes within R&D to gain significant benefits on speed of the portfolio (goal 9 months acceleration), productivity (goal -20% reduction in cost per patient), quality at source, patient experience and probability of success.
·Stage 2 – advanced, redefine clinical trials and digital health to improve overall patient experiences and outcomes, example redefining patient populations, remote clinical trials, patient apps to reduce/manage adverse events and improve patient outcomes (OS), using data from EHMr and RWE instead of control arms, and through PROs and continuous patient monitoring, creating new end points enabling studies in earlier stages of disease (ctDNA changes) prolonging significantly patients’ lives
·Stage 3 – future-readiness, reimagine healthcare, examples, AZ as a healthcare provider beyond medicines for certain indications (example: Breast Cancer, proving monitoring, predictive analytics and therapies for improved outcomes), full integration of Multiomics (imaging, genomics, proteomics …) to better predict and significantly improve patients’ health
- Setting and driving the vision and strategy for data. To clearly understand the business value of the product. The product director owns the roadmap and must prioritize building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives.
- Own and manage the data platform backlog of user stories to ensure all Digital Health products are able to leverage data as needed, Including reversal of technical debt.
- Identify and manage required partnerships to ensure cutting-edge capabilities in the intersection of data science, technology and healthcare.
- Lead cross-functional teams from conception all the way through to launch for each of the phases and elements of the data product ensuring coordination between data platform, information architecture, information operations so that the final product meets all clinical and engagement goals.
- Champion, for digital health and an agile, iterative development process driven by design thinking, frequent end-user input, constant insight generation from data.
- Managing dependencies in and across releases to complete release phases and milestones.
Essential for the role
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, comfortable with complexity and uncertainty at times, lots of humour, dedication to deliver outcomes and motivated by the opportunity to rethink our approach to healthcare.
- Comfort and skills operating in a heavily matrixed organizations with excellent skills and intuition to manage the needs of various stakeholders.
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and excellent ability to handle complexity by simplifying it and providing clear directions to the team.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry with strong knowledge of Drug Development Processes and the different sources of information that will support, inform and assist in healthcare/clinical research.
- Familiarity with the key principles and processes of Data Management (Governance, Architecture, Modelling, Reference and Master Data, Integration, Storage, Business Intelligence) – should be able to take business requirements from Digital Health Product Owners / Managers and the translate these into technical requirements with the IT Platform Lead (should be able to finish each other’s sentences)
- Ability to manage and influence strategically and persuade tactfully, to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organizational relationships
Desirable for the role
- Master’s or PhD in a scientific or technical discipline
- Familiarity with the latest research and thinking and understanding of dynamics affecting the pharmaceutical industry and needs for transformation
- Ability to work globally including international travel
- Agile product owner training and certification
- Solid Project management skills, including managing vendors, budgets, timelines and risks
- Experience leading a development team and working in a global environment
- Experience on bringing innovation that is solving complex and multi-dimensional issues from an operational, technical, financial and human perspective
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.