Senior Medical Affairs Leader - Immunology
Global Sr. Medical Affairs Leader, Immunology
Location: Wilmington, DE/Gaithersburg, MD/Cambridge, UK/Gothenburg, SE
Job posting start date: 26/08/2021
Job posting end date: 09/10/2021
The Global Medical Affairs function ensures the best patient outcomes by providing healthcare decision-makers around the world with the evidence and confidence they need on AstraZeneca (AZ) therapies and supports our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. This global role provides medical leadership with market participation and connectivity while also impacting the life cycle planning and execution of all our products. Medical Affairs aims to lead AZ in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
In order to accomplish our goals and enable the best patient outcomes, we look for AZ medical network leaders to have five (5) core capabilities and act as role models to our AZ values. These capabilities include:
- Experience supporting an indication, promotional claim and scientific exchange including input into clinical development plan and TPP.
- Track record of building and maintaining a deep and continued connection to Medical Practice/healthcare delivery
- Collaborative/matrix management skills with a focus on leading diverse groups (e.g., cultural, geographical, functional) to achieve excellent results in shared goals
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills with the ability to distil complexity down to what matters to our stakeholders
- Strong financial/budget and project management skills/business acumen
- Design and manage the implementation of the global medical product strategy globally and regionally
- Work with the Medical Head to create and develop the strategic direction, business/resource planning, and team leadership on a global level
- Be a proactive member of the Global Medical Team (GMT) to ensure global strategy is effectively communicated and executed at regional and country levels and that regional/country needs are appropriately accommodated in global deliverables and drive customer insights and market needs from all countries into Global Product Team for review
- Collaborate cross-functionally with GMA functions (eg Global Medical Excellence & Medical Evidence)
- Closely follow medical developments and competitive landscape within Therapeutic area and disseminate new information to transform clinical trends and emerging data into strategy
- Be an active contributor to the cross functional congress planning team
- Provide input, as needed, into labelling (USPI, SmPc) and core data sheet discussions
- Liaise with the internal and external medical community
- Deliver medical advocacy plan that drives successful launch of innovative and differentiated new medicines or indications within the therapy area
- Support team leader at TA Global Product Team and Global Brand Team
- Accountable for engaging and cultivating relationships with leading global KEEs to gain: contribution/ participation in advisory boards, greater understanding of the therapeutic area and insights into unmet patient needs
- Represents AZ at scientific and medical forums, including medical education forums, scientific roundtables, congresses, and symposia
- Responsible for the co-ordination of Medical Affairs activities including developing content for Science Advisory boards
- Ensuring the alignment of the publication and medical evidence plans to the Medical Strategy and Medical plan
- Delegate for the Medical Head as required
- Manages other specific cardiovascular/medical projects as required
- Responsibility for managing particular areas of the budget
- Provide medical strategic and scientific input into assessment of investigator initiated studies as a member of the GREG
- Be an active member of team(s) for assets in development while providing medical strategic input
- Doctoral level degree: MD/PhD/PharmD
- Expertise in the relevant or related therapy area
- Demonstration of strategic and medical leadership prowess
- Personal experience in the design and conduct of interventional and/or observational studies is ideal, but not mandatory.
- Doctor of Medicine
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.