Competitive Intelligence Manager, Respiratory – Late development & Commercial
Job Title: Competitive Intelligence Manager, Respiratory – Late development & Commercial
Location: Wilmington, US | Cambridge, UK | Gaithersburg, US
At AstraZeneca we’re inspired by the things that seem impossible. Here, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them.
We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Making the impossible a reality can mean taking a chance on an idea and investing in our exceptional capacity for innovation and discovery. We champion trying new things, and we nurture a test and learn culture that means we are always progressing close to our goals.
With TA-specific domain expertise and deep scientific know-how, this Manager-level role ensures the execution of the Competitive Intelligence (CI) function, working collaboratively with the broader CI team to shape future-proofed TA and product strategies and deliver sustainably differentiated brands.
With responsibility for supporting individual brands, franchises or disease areas the individual:
- Conducts research, analyses data and derives actionable insights
- Leverages his or her strong written and oral communication skills to develop and share materials documenting key CI findings and insights
- Designs research and analytical projects, aligning with CI TA Director/leaders on overall prioritisation and delivery and with the CI information lead on knowledge capture
- Conducts research, analyses data and derives actionable insights that are shared with the CI function
- Responsible for proactively flagging key trigger events in the competitive landscape and driving work on potential implications for AZ
- Responsible for previewing and distributing scientific conference intelligence
- Responsible for writing regular daily insight flashes for senior stakeholders
- Responsible for the management of specific elements of CI budget and TA vendor relationships
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Science or commercially related degree
- Substantial experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Deep expertise in Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmune DA alternatively CVRM DA
- Prior, direct competitive intelligence experience
- Research and analytics experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced degree holders who have a focus in decision analysis, statistics, business or medicine/science.
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Commercial: Global and US brand team
- R&D: GPT Members
- Stakeholders within BD team / other key corporate functions
- Insight Members in GIACE
External (to AZ)
- CI vendors
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.