Data Governance Manager
Data Governance Manager
Location(s) - Gaithersburg (USA); Cambridge (UK); Gothenburg (Sweden)
Salary - Competitive salary and company benefits
Would you like to be a part of a Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DS&AI) group who has direct strategic impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting medicines to patients?
At AstraZeneca, we are constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines, with a real passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. Here, you’ll have the chance to create a difference in people’s lives every single day.
AstraZeneca is investing heavily in data management and analysis capabilities, through its long-term Growth Through Innovation Strategy. The DS&AI team collaborates across R&D to drive innovation through data science and AI. Together we seek to:
- Improve our understanding of disease and uncovering new targets
- Transform R&D processes
- Speed the design and delivery of new medicines
The R&D Data Office, within DS&AI, is a key organisation to deliver upon AstraZeneca’s strategy. Data Office operates a central capability, with R&D wide accountability, to ensure that we harness the power of data to drive innovative science. Data Office will govern data, drive data quality and ensure our data is readied for analytics, crafting paved-paths for scientists to perform research driven by data, without compromising our legal restrictions or ethical principles.
Within R&D Data Office the Data Governance Manager (DGM) will be an integral part of the Data Governance team with specific responsibility for supporting the Data Governance Board and Standards Council. The DGM will support the Head of Data Governance and have responsibility for data governance process running smoothly across R&D. The DGM will work closely with other data discipline areas, such as Data Security, Retention and Destruction and Data Privacy to ensure compliance to applicable standards.
- Gain in-depth understanding of AstraZeneca’s Data Governance principles and be recognised as a SME in this field providing support to the Head of Data Governance and broader R&D Data Office
- Working with Data Literacy and Change Director to support development of methods for data literacy improvement to bring Data Governance to life within R&D
- Co-operate with the Data Assets and Data Policy teams to support the design and achievement of an effective user access management approach while defining the Data Governance requirement
- Define the triage approach to route demand to the appropriate forums/stakeholders within the Data Governance Framework
- Research, design and implement data governance performance metrics
- Manage and update Data Governance Framework
- Own, manage and update the contents of R&D Data Governance Portal
- Support the preparations, reporting and secretariat for the Data Governance Board
Education, skills and experience required
- Sound practical knowledge of Data Governance, data management and IT management regulations, policies and principles
- Experience in Global Data Privacy & Protection Regulations
- Experience in writing policies, standards and procedures that embed in a risk-controlled environment
- Background in Pharma industry is significant advantage
- Experience in a data management role is also a significant advantage
- Industry-recognised Project Management certification highly desirable
Next Steps – Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.