Enterprise Architect - R&D
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Enterprise Architect specialising in R&D to join our site in Melbourn Science Park, Royston.
The Enterprise Architect will ensure that common architecture decisions support both business and IT strategy, and that architectures delivered are compliant with meaningful AZ architecture standards, blueprints and road maps. You will assess and review the work of both Enterprise and Solution architecture and build a balance between the immediate and the strategic.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will be involved in strategic planning typically over the 1-5 year horizon. You will also be accountable for the development of architecture standards, road maps (1-5 years) and blueprints for IT in the R&D space. Understanding implications of architecture requirements to 'As-Is' architectures and define/update 'To-Be' architectures applying AZ architecture guiding principles. The Enterprise Architect will also support solution development efforts originating from portfolios, participate in and/or lead IT initiatives, domain groups and provide active guidance for better planning and decision making.
- Provide Enterprise Design thinking & support to AZ's Enterprise in one of the these focused domains of architecture. Business, Data, Application or Infrastructure
- Own the effort to ensure that common architecture decisions support the business and IS strategy, and that the architectures delivered are alligned with meaningful AZ architecture standards, blueprints and road maps.
- Participate in Architecture Assessments & Reviews either as Lead Reviewing Architect or as a domain specialist in the review team.
- Contribute to the development of the Architecture Capability within IS, by detailing and sharing knowledge and standard methodologies with peer Architects
- Be accountable for the development of architecture standards, technology domain strategies, road maps and blueprints for one or more architecture focus areas.
- Understand implications of IT architecture requirements to 'As-Is' architectures and define/update 'To-Be' architectures applying AZ architecture guiding principles.
- Support solution development efforts originating from portfolios, participate in IT initiatives and provide active guidance and value for better planning and decision making.
- Maintain a view of the current and future state architecture within a defined architecture focus area.
- Develop Architecture Building Blocks to support implementation of Enterprise Architecture in the specific area.
- Lead and/or provide active participation in Enterprise domain teams and working groups applicable to domain accountability.
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent
- Experience producing application strategies/road maps for a global enterprise in their focused architecture domain
- Experience with rationalization, consolidation and integration across business domains
- Experience with large Justification phase work - product evaluation, business case formulation
- Experience developing and influencing business strategies with multi-functional team impact.
- Experience developing and leading innovative solutions
- Validated experience of leading change and challenging approaches/ideas
- Experience developing and managing relationships with third party suppliers
- Experience working within and developing policies, procedures and guidelines within a secure, quality, and compliance environment
- Demonstrate initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
- People Development experience
- Budget Management experience
- Masters and/or Professional Certification
If this sounds like you.. Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.