Senior IT Business Relationship Manager – Medical & Real World Evidence
Senior IT Business Relationship Manager
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Our vision is to deliver the best science IT capabilities in biopharma, which we define as agile, responsive and fit-for-future. Our goal is to engage with our stakeholders as a strategic partner in delivering life-changing medicines to our patients. The desired effect of your role is to take accountability as a leader for delivering a ‘Best in Class’ IT experience for the Medical Evidence & R&D functions within AstraZeneca with a focus on building Real World Evidence (RWE).
As the Senior IT Business Relationship Manager, you'll be accountable for designing and delivering on the long-term technology strategy for the Medical Affairs Medical Evidence lifecycle. Generation of new Medical Evidence is essential to supporting internal decision making, and more importantly, providing healthcare decision makers the scientific insight they require for confidence in providing access to AstraZeneca medicines to patients. You'll get the opportunity to drive forward big data & analytics initiatives advancing capabilities in machine learning, artificial intelligence and knowledge management. You will also be responsible for delivering a roadmap that focuses on optimizing the operational aspects of planning, execution and publication of medical evidence generation activity globally.
This role requires a hybrid set of technical, business domain, and leadership skills. You are encouraged to perform as a leader-doer with the ability to encourage and motivate an agile and diverse team of authorities in a complex matrix organization. This role is a mix of leading a team and building a relationship of trust with our partners, anchored by good technical and domain expertise and continuous learning and development.
In your role, we see you accountable for;
- Building strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior stakeholders, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction & strategy.
- Managing a portfolio of IT investments, prioritized to align with emerging business strategy
- Facilitating accurate IT demand forecasting, planning, and delivery collaboratively with other supporting IT team roles
- Leading business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Partnering with key stakeholders on the proactive development of detailed business cases for new IT solutions
- Presenting and gaining buy-in from senior leaders for IT initiatives, leveraging domain knowledge to gain credibility, trust, and commitment
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- We need you to be an experienced influencer, with expert relationship and business partnering skills, with demonstrable experience reporting into a leadership team
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma OR healthcare industry is highly desirable
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Medical Evidence domain including utilization of Real World Data to generate evidence
- Substantial experience in leading and delivering business change through IT projects and delivering results.
- Bachelor's degree required.
If you are interested, apply now!
At AstraZeneca we’ll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we’ve built an extraordinary international working environment with outstanding opportunities for collaboration and innovation. If you’re passionate about making a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.