Medical Science Liaison Manager
Medical Science Liaison Manager, Respiratory
Scotland & Northern Ireland
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As the Medical Science Liaison Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice.. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
You will act as the regional medical affairs expert by engaging with health care professionals in high quality scientific and clinical exchange on current marketed products and development compounds and support local Account teams in the delivery of their objectives.
A key part of the role will be to share knowledge and insight with cross-functional colleagues and to provide technical input into brand/medical activities.
- Life sciences degree or other appropriate qualification (e.g. nursing, pharmacy)
- Technical or scientific background
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information
- Understanding of ABPI Code of Practice and its practical application
- Proven ability to develop relationships with key thought leaders or investigators
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Chairing and facilitation skills
- Ability to understand commercial development perspectives
- Higher degree in science or business subject
- Knowledge of relevant therapy areas
- Experience in the development of clinical trial programmes in the support of the therapy area portfolio an advantage
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.