At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
We are seeking an experienced Information Architect to join our Early Science team, focusing in the cheminformatics space. This role will support the identification of new compounds through various cheminformatics initiatives such as Augmented Drug Design (ADD) and will play a critical role in the delivery of an integrated, FAIR science data foundation within AstraZeneca. The role will can be at Grade E , Information Architect or Grade F, Senior Information Architect depending on experience.
- Understanding of drug compound identification process – this may include knowledge of SMILES, Molfile, HELM and similar notations.
- Experience of architecting solutions that integrate disparate types of scientific data sources.
- Experience of at least one Information Architecture capability – this may include data modelling, master data management, reference data management, metadata management or ontology management.
- Experience with various types of databases/datastores and semantic skills such as Oracle, Mysql, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, RDF/TripStores etc.
- Knowledge of large chemical data resources such as ChEMBL, PubCHEM, SureChEMBL, DrugBank.
- Understanding of Data Management principles (e.g. DAMA Certified Data Management Professional).
- Understanding of the FAIR data principles and how they apply to the delivery of integrated solutions.
- Knowledge of drug discovery process, such as compound library design, QSAR, docking, virtual screening, molecular fragmentation, structure-based drug design.
- Knowledge of range of computational chemistry software software such as PipelinePilot, Knime, Perkin-Elmer, Chemoaxon, Dotmatics etc.
- Experience in pharmaceutical R&D organisations or similar research organisations.
- Experience of implementing or integrating solutions for Sample Management, electronic lab notebooks, LIMS or assay data management solutions.
- Understanding of the ISO 11238 IDMP Substances standard and/or knowledge of ChEMBL, Ginas/G-SRS or similar external solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join industry leading Information architecture team, which is building a world class solutions supporting the integration of scientific data within a major pharmaceutical organisation.
If you are interested.. Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.