Meeting and Events Specialist
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As the Meeting and Events Specialist, you will be part of a global team of specialists sitting within the DevOps Admin team and reporting to the DevOps Admin Team Lead. You will be responsible for organising internal meetings and events on or off-site (town halls, departmental meetings, team building, team dinners, awards ceremonies) supporting the R&D Functions. You will book meeting venues in scope for logistics including AV, catering and layout etc and be able to negotiate on costs with external providers.
Working to standards within the team to deliver a high-quality service for customers and an effective partnership with the local site services organisation. You will be required to build strong collaborative partnerships with other administration functions, the Global Congress and Conference Team and key stakeholders to ensure meeting owners can focus on meeting content and bringing medicines to patients.
- Lead the delivery of logistics and production of internal meetings through effective project management and liaison with customer lead
- Proactive involvement in the development and maintenance of M&E systems, processes and initiatives. Serve as an ambassador for best practice by leading and contributing to activities and projects within the business
- Build strong links and work collaboratively with facilities management to enable the effective delivery of high-quality internal events
- Relevant administrative experience with proven career progression
- Experience in delivering Meetings and Events
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of virtual meeting technologies, information management software, and Microsoft products
- Excellent organisational skills, able to proactively prioritise & manage a high volume of activities simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidentially with local and global leaders
- Excellent team working, networking and influencing skills to develop solutions
- Experience working in a fast-paced global environment (across functions and geographies) balancing competing priorities
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.