Business Continuity Officer
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do. Our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Are you passionate about Business Continuity? Are you resilient, driven and have the ability to thrive in a challenging fast paced environment? Can you work in periods of ambiguity and change, lead initiatives and see opportunities for improvement? Can you demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to clearly articulate strategic messages in a compelling and exciting way? These qualities will be the foundation to your success.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Continuity Officer to be based in Cambridge. Working with the Business Development Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the entire Facilities Management Business Continuity programme – covering both today’s ‘business as usual’ environment, as well as planning for our future as we transition to our new R&D facility, located at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus (CBC) in Central Cambridge.
- You will be the ‘Business Continuity Professional’ and main point of contact for FM Business Continuity queries and will act as a technical owner within FM Business Continuity with a deep understanding of processes and internal regulations
- You will work with customers across the business to support the completion of BIAs, helping to provide clarity of their critical services and dependencies, as well as supporting colleagues, providing guidance and advice, and ensuring that information databases are managed effectively - helping to build resilience across the business
- You will manage and maintain FM Business Continuity documents and resources, will be responsible for developing existing tools and processes, and will develop and lead on the delivery of validation exercises - identifying areas for continuous improvement
- You will report on compliance and ensure FM assembles key reports from analysis and identifies major opportunities and threats to the business
- You will have the ability to solve complex problems within a variety of improvement projects and you will lead on small Business Continuity projects, on behalf of FM
- You will develop and maintain the Business Continuity system
- You will lead the delivery and maintanence of the Duty Officer programme and Response Structure
- You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of all aspects of the Business Continuity Management Lifecycle
- You will ensure alignment with the corporate ‘crisis’ procedures
To be successful in this role we think the following experience is essential:
- Professional Business Continuity certification (CBCI or similar)
- Business Continuity experience in a Global organisation
- Good understanding and approach to risk management
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable supporting stakeholders at all levels
- Great customer and supplier relationship management
- An understanding and experience of leading projects and delivering them to time, quality and budget
- Demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- A dynamic approach and comfortable working in an agile environment
- Comfortable making decisions sometimes with limited information
- Multi-site, multi team experience
- Be used to dealing effectively with multiple concurrent challenges on multiple sites
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.