Global Procurement Manager- Facilities Management & Laboratory Services
A member of the Indirect and Enabling Functions procurement organisation you will work as part of the Facilities and Laboratory Services category team supporting stakeholders across the business. We have a global remit, focusing on the development and deployment of global category strategies and plans to support our R&D and Operations laboratories.
You will be accountable for maintaining supplier relationships, business partnering with sites, and growing the category influence into R&D, Operations, and Commercial areas globally. As we continue our ‘Growth through Innovation’ strategy we are seeing a growing demand to integrate and outsource our Facilities Management and Laboratory services in partnership with our stakeholders. Category demand is truly global, and you will partner with colleagues across the enterprise. Key success criteria will include building a close relationship with the engineering teams, site leads and at Senior Leadership levels to build to enable development and implementation of sourcing strategies. You will also need to collaborate with procurement colleagues in each of the regions to understand their demand, priorities and requirements, and to agree category priorities within their areas of accountability.
You will gain cross-category experience and exposure in support of facility strategies, supporting your colleagues globally. (Cross-category exposure could include Soft & Hard Services, Utilities, and SHE)
- Leading the implementation of market/ category plans, ensuring that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities make valuable contributions to the business in accordance with the strategic plans
- Developing long term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area, with a focus on delivering broader value, innovation, and savings.
- Supporting the team in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Partnering with Operations Global Procurement Services (OGPS) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinating the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analysing and resolving issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advising on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Cross functionally support Global procurement colleagues and collaborate on strategy development and execution.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry / or related industries
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.