Project Manager, Translational Medicine, Oncology
Position: Project manager, Translational Medicine, Oncology
Location: Cambridge, UK
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find
answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult
situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
We are seeking a project manager in Oncology Translational Medicine to join a world class center for discovery and development of innovative cancer medicines. In this role you will
provide cross functional operational and strategic management for the Translational medicine group to support delivery of robust, scientifically-driven biomarkers in drug discovery and
development programs for targeted agents in our breast cancer portfolio within AZ and
working within a collaborative alliance. You will have the opportunity impact an
industry-leading portfolio of targeted therapy programs from inception through to life cycle management for marketed drugs and to effectively lead the operational activities of the team and manage and coordinate project information and communications to all stakeholders and senior management.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Developing biomarker strategies and ensuring delivery within oncology project teams.
- Partners with the TM lead to help operationalize and develop the translational strategy, optimize delivery in terms of prioritization, time, cost, value and risk.
- Focuses team on project objectives delivery, ensuring corporate and delivery metrics are achieved in an optimized and value driven way.
- Provides Project information for all project and department related documentation and analytical assessments.
- Identifies issues and facilitates problem-solving, contingency planning, and decision-making.
- Acts as a role model for partnering, collaboration and cross functional working
- Acts as the ‘Hub’ for project information
Essential Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in a biological science or other scientific degree with a minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical Industry experience (or the equivalent) in Project Management or PhD with experience in drug development.
- Working knowledge of drug development , oncology disease area biology and translational science, ideally with knowledge in breast cancer or antibody drug conjugates.
- Strong organizational skills required; including good time management skills. Must be highly organized and able to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven communication and influencing skills.
- Highly developed problem solving and risk management skills.
- Highly developed collaborative working skills.
- Ability to act as an external ambassador and to influence external organisations to enhance the image and reputation of AstraZeneca.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.