Customer Engagement Manager
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The AstraZeneca IT function has undergone significant IT transformation to improve performance and perception of IT and is now focusing on delivering a great customer experience and overall service excellence. AstraZeneca End User Services function is committed to deliver excellent customer service and really focus on the customer experience to ensure our IT services meet current and future business needs.
We are currently looking to recruit a Customer Engagement Manager, this role is based out of our site in Macclesfield. The Customer Engagement Manager is an integral role in the Customer Effectiveness Team, responsible for ensuring that the IT Customer Satisfaction process is managed, Service Improvements are defined and delivered, IT notifications remain appropriate and upto date, as well as operating across the multiple services within Customer Effectiveness to ensure customer delight.
High Level Function and Role Overview
The End User Services function provides IT Services for the entire AZ organisation. The function is truly global in scale with team members across Asia, Europe and the Americas. The purpose of CustomerEffectivenessTeam is to drive customer experience improvements across IT and to ensure our end to end services are as effective and as efficient as possible in order to support business needs. We are accountable for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of our EUS services to our global customers. The team includes AskIT, IT Events, IT Education, Acceptance into Service, IT Portal, Onsite Services, Social Workplace and other customer facing services and IT processes.
Candidate Focus & Challenge
- IT Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) process ownership, reporting and management of data
- Product Ownership within the ITSM toolset (ServiceNow) for CSAT and Surveys.
- Ownership of customer complaints/dissatisfaction and follow-up with service teams to ensure satisfaction resolution and findings.
- Work closely with other Customer Effectiveness Team (CET) Leads to support key analysis and improvement activities across these customers facing processes and services.
- Work closely with the Service Improvement Lead to target services and analysis in key areas.
- Support the Service Improvement Lead with key Site Service Improvement plans to ensure delivery through other teams.
- Work closely with the Customer Insights Team to target any EUS opportunities identified.
- Management of distinct Service Improvement Projects across CET and broader EUS
- Support and development of methods to measure service delivery and service management to ultimately drive service improvements and uplift customer experience
- Provide subject matter expertise from in-depth service analysis
- Work collaboratively with broader EUS Service and Process teams on broader service improvement opportunities.
- Product Ownership within the ITSM toolset (ServiceNow) for Notifications
- Own and manage lifecycle for notifications across 14 languages
- Work closely with the AskIT, Events, Comms and Change Lead to help run the IT Showcase events calendar and manage merchandise requests for the AskIT Service.
- Support Knowledge Analysts with Self-Service approvals for articles being shared with our customers.
- Undertake, and enable mechanisms for, effective management of customer feedback
- Analyse trends in customer experience and customer satisfaction (CSAT) data to identify improvement areas.
- Evolve and champion the value of CSAT data and insights through communications, training and dashboard reporting.
- Management and development of CSAT dashboards to support Service Leads and IT Leaders providing visibility of these key IT metrics for monthly performance.
- Manage and support Key Service improvement initiatives and activities work
- Drive and embed SIP process adoption across EUS Service areas
- Support tool improvement activities, working through the ServiceNow processes
- Support testing activities to ensure smooth ServiceNow upgrades, enhancements and fixes
- Support for new and improved technology, services and contact channels in CET
- Reviews of existing processes, procedures and performance measures for targeted services impacting customers.
- Support further mapping of processes in order to simplify, and continually improve them.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of processes that are directly impacting the customer e.g. when calling the Service Desk, visiting AskIT Onsite Service or using self-service technologies.
- Produce quality, accurate and meaningful reporting to agreed reporting cycle.
- Manage testing demand for new and adhoc ITSM toolset (ServiceNow) releases
- Work with the Portal Lead to provide adhoc assistance for key actions such as demand management and catalogue approval.
- Work with the AskIT, Events, Comms and Change Lead helping to coordinate IT Showcase events and managing communications.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Essentialcapabilities and skills:
- A passion for delivering world-class customer service continually challenging and motivating change in pursuit of the customer experience.
- Proven Business Analysis experience, relating data to business processes.
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes (e.g. Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Knowledge, CMDB)
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to review and process disparate data to produce findings/insights supporting decision making.
- Positive approach to learning new frameworks and IT languages as required for the role.
- Ability to work collaboratively in diverse, multinational teams, across time zones.
- Demonstrable experience of using analytical tools (including Excel) to structure, transform, and visually represent data clearly, meaningfully and in a way appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrable experience of writing reports, preparing slides (using PowerPoint).
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience, a can-do attitude and willingness to take the initiative.
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities to successful delivery and working to deadlines.
Desirablecapabilities and skills:
- Demonstrable experience of supporting service improvements
- Knowledge or experience of process improvement techniques, such as Six Sigma or LEAN
- Experience of ServiceNow ITSM Toolset
- Customer Service Management background or accreditation desirable
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation desirable
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.