Clinical Development Scientist - Oncology Haematology
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We act with integrity, even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
Our ambition is to push the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine and transform the lives of patients living with cancer.
To accomplish this, we focus on research and development and our commercial capabilities to deliver a new generation of medicines that have the potential to redefine cancer treatment.
This is an exciting period for us, as well as for those poised to join us. Our strategy and ability to transform our portfolio means we have a late stage pipeline that presents incredible opportunities to deliver life-changing medicines. We are responsible for enabling the business to make critical pipeline and investment decisions, to ensure they select the right molecules to progress and to seize the right lifecycle management opportunities. We do this by generating the data required to drive regulatory submissions for new medicines and expanded indications and generating the evidence that shows their true value.
Our Late Oncology Development team has a broad pipeline, offering career development options. We are looking for established scientists who wish to broaden their roles. As a Medical Scientist you will play a role in developing new registration-focused trials as a close partner to the physician on the team. The role will focus on Haematology projects and will be based in Cambridge, UK, or Gaithersburg, US.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You may coordinate the activity of a research team and will hold full accountability for projects, often with Global impact.
- You will have key relationships internally with clinical project teams, and externally with regulatory bodies and external service providers.
- You will ensure there is adequate input into the drug development process from experts in each of the areas of drug development, or provide input into one or more of these areas as a technical expert.
- You will develop and design studies to determine the scientific and clinical viability of a particular drug or portfolio of drugs and interpret trial results, either as the head of a team, or by providing expert input.
- You will participate in protocol design, writing and Implementation to meet GCP, ICH and all AZ quality standards.
- You will manage cross functional projects to ensure the successful passage of drugs through all phases of the drug development process, or contribute to elements of such a project as technical expert.
- You will review and interpret medical data and clinical trial data and come up with conclusions
- You have responsibility for delivery of pieces of the trials and may lead submissions from a process standpoint.
- Bachelor or Masters in a scientific field is required combined with oncology (haematology) clinical trials experience.
- Experience managing and interpreting the results of clinical trials as well as exposure to writing protocols
- Experience of authoring scientific documents.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and strong analytical skills
- Sufficient technical and disease area knowledge to be able to liaise with confidence with internal and external partners.
- PhD degree in Oncology
- Considerable experience in the pharmaceutical industry is helpful, however academic experience will be considered.
- Experience across phases II - III drug development.
Next steps? Apply now!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.