Associate Director of Clinical Development, Oncology
Job Title: Associate Director of Clinical Development, Oncology
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: AstraZeneca offers a competitive salary and benefits package
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and commit real resources to make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicine is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Big success can come from seeing potential in something. We empower our people to seek these out, and we support them to pursue the opportunities they find !
Late Stage Oncology is the science engine room for our late stage development. Our strategy and ability to transform our portfolio means we have a late stage pipeline that presents opportunities to push the boundaries of science to deliver medicines. We transform clinical concepts into medicines that deliver patient health benefits !
The Associate Director of Clinical Development (ADCD) is a core global role within the Clinical Operations function of Late Stage R&D (BioPharmaceuticals and Oncology). The span of responsibilities is broad and may support one or several products depending on their size and complexity. The products supported will be in Phase 3 development or on the Market, but the program may include studies in all phases of drug development.
You will be responsible for oversight of a program of global studies, covering all clinical development deliverables (including aspects of quality, budget, time, resource and risk). The role also involves integrating design, feasibility and operational planning to ensure clinical drug development programs are aligned with priorities and strategy.
You will provide input & support to the Director of Clinical Development (DCD) in preparation for governance interactions. Acting Lead for cross-functional teams in delivery of clinical activities assigned (e.g. indication specific sub-teams, Investigator Brochure production, DSUR etc)
Additionally, you'll provide project leadership & management for cross-functional clinical submission teams in support of regulatory marketing applications and post registration product maintenance phases.
- University degree (or equivalent), preferably in medical or biological sciences or field associated with clinical research. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Appropriate experience from within the pharmaceutical industry or similar large multinational organization.
- Proven knowledge of clinical operations, project management tools and processes
- Proven experience of clinical development / drug development process in various phases of development and therapy areas.
- Proven ability to learn by working in multiple phases, TAs and/or different development situations.
- Experience from leading clinical projects and results or similar expertise from other areas of drug development (such as pharmaceutical development).
- Ability to mentor, develop and educate staff
- Proven leadership promoting motivation and empowerment of others in order to accomplish individual, team and organisational objectives
- Skilled & experienced in organizational change
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering Clinical Development focusing on key performance metrics around reliability, efficiency, cost and quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to set and lead priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a regional and local environment
- Integrity and high ethical standards
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.