Senior Statistician Payer Evidence
Those who join AstraZeneca feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognised leader in the industry. AstraZeneca is an agile, fast-moving and emerging industry leader. We are a nimble organisation that values smart risk-takers. With AstraZeneca, you will be applying a creative approach to science while being at the forefront of a strong and rich pipeline of cutting-edge medicines. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterised by respect, integrity and growth opportunities.
Our robust pipeline includes investigational therapies in varied stages of clinical development, from recently approved products to earlier-stage molecules in clinical trials. We aspire to transform the lives of patients around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Biostatistician in our Cambridge UK location.
Biometrics and Information Sciences (B&I) drives good design to generate data needed for quality decision making. Our goal is to deliver value to the pipeline by excellence in delivery, improving decision making and engaging and shaping the external environment while accessing and implementing innovative solutions.
TA Statistics is the group that oversees and delivers all the statistical and programming contribution to design, decision-making, interpretations and communication internally and externally for the TA portfolio of projects and is engaged in shaping the TA external environment.
Level of the Position is determined by candidate experience, skills and capabilities.
- Provides statistical support for standard design and interpretation of clinical programmes, regulatory submissions and commercialisation
- Under guidance of a more experienced statistician will undertake design and analysis of complex studies.
- Analysing internal and external information to inform design decisions and the development of decision criteria
- Applies modelling and simulation to inform study design, assess robustness of results etc
- Develop a Statistical Analysis plan for study and/or project delivery
- Produce analysis, supporting graphics and analysis tables for standard CSRs, GMA studies or publications
- Able to interpret, summarise and communicate results of standard studies.
- Contribute to the improvement of methodology and provide practical solutions for problems
- Apply statistical methodology to improve the process and delivery activities
- Contributes to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Accountable for the quality of their statistical work
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics (containing a substantial statistical component)
- Knowledge of key technical and regulatory requirements
- Experience of design, analysis and reporting of clinical studies in more than one setting
- Communication Skills
- Collaboration and Team Working Skills
- Competent Statistical Programmer (SAS and R)
- Collaboration required
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to problems, problem solving and quality focus.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.