Senior Or Principal Statistical Programmer - Early Clinical
Statistical Programmers - Senior / Principal, Early Biometrics & Statistical Innovation
Location: Cambridge, UK
Career Level D/E
At AstraZeneca we’re driving leading-edge approaches to drug development across many business areas – within Early Biometrics & Statistical Innovation (EB&SI) a data-centric focus is helping us work more efficiently and creatively to bring the right medicines to the right patients. Our biometrics teams use their expertise in statistics and programming to answer drug development objectives and reduce uncertainty in product development, driving better business decisions with quantitative reasoning.
The Senior/Principal Programmer sits within our Early Programming group in EB&SI, aligned either to Cardiovascular/ Renal/ Metabolism (CVRM) or Respiratory, Inflammation, and Autoimmunity (RIA), and is responsible for providing statistical programming expertise to support the design and interpretation of early clinical studies and development programmes.
Working as part of Data Science and AI, you’ll be able to access technology at the forefront of science in an innovative environment, where you will have scope to develop creative statistical ideas and approaches, and to apply them in your work.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Senior/Principal Programmer provide Statistical Programming support and/or lead all programming related activities of the analysis and reporting process including, but not limited to, CSR development, regulatory activities and the scientific utilization of our data for AstraZeneca products. There are many career options you can pursue for progression including technical pathways, management of global projects or line management.
You will work in the Programming department that not only oversees and delivers the programming aspects of analysis and reporting but also manages and maintains our end to end standards and our analysis and reporting production tools.
You’ll be part of a global team that pulls together to put patients first.
To succeed in this role, you’ll be an experienced programmer with good knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to programming within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry. You’ll enjoy multitasking, have an appetite for solving problems with a strong team focus who enjoys collaborating to achieve the best results.
We have several opportunities across both Senior and Principal levels.
Desirable experience includes:
- BSc in a Mathematical (i.e. Applied Math, Engineering, etc.), Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science subject
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Diligence – attention to detail and ability to manage concurrent projects and activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- SAS programming expertise gained within a clinical drug development or healthcare setting
- Knowledge of CDSIC standards and industry best practices
- Knowledge of database set-up and report publishing requirements
- Extensive SAS programming expertise to an advanced level gained within a clinical drug development or healthcare environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements with submission experience
- Wide-ranging knowledge of CDSIC standards and industry best practices
- Travel – willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Team centric approach: keen to take steps to understand and appreciate the roles, skills and strengths of others on the team
For more information about these positions please contact
Jessie Song email@example.com +1 301 398 5280
Yvonne Jangvik firstname.lastname@example.org +46 31 776 1252
For more information, please visit our websites:
Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Cambridge site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/cambridge.html
Gaithersburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gaithersburg.html
Date job closed for applications: 29th February 2020
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.