Senior Medical Information Manager
Do you feel passionate about the possibilities of science to change lives?
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are opening up new ways to work, ground-breaking methods and bringing excellent teams together.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate forward thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are daring, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Are you ready to move forward in your career?
Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal.
We are currently looking for a Senior Medical Information Manager to join us on a permanent basis in Cambridge, to be responsible for the execution of US & global Medical Information brand/therapeutic area deliverables, including answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials, and development of scientific content to support Medical Affairs.
this role is focused on two main areas: scientific content/brand support and/or customer engagement. The area of focus is determined based on the current needs of the Therapeutic Area.
- Demonstrate scientific and business expertise within our key areas, such as products, disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape
- Supply to and lead the development, review and maintenance of Medical Affairs scientific materials, including Managed Market documents, in collaboration with Medical Affairs colleagues
- Collaborate with key partners (UK and US) to identify scientific information to meet customer needs
- Monitor the medical environment (including medical inquiries) and apply scientific expertise, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge, to impact our brand strategy
- Provide scientific training to our Medical Information colleagues
- Provide staffing support for the Medical Information booth at scientific conventions
- Scientific Content/Brand Support
- Accountable for Medical Information contribution to promotional review (US market only) by:
- Providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages
- Reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy
- Contribute to the prioritization of review for promotional materials
- Coordinate development, review and approval of clinical Data on File Packets to support promotional claims
- Contribute to and or lead the development, review and maintenance of Medical Affairs scientific materials, including Managed Market documents, in collaboration with Medical Affairs colleagues
- Incorporate customer insight to identify, update, and develop scientific materials
- Coordinate with Medical Affairs colleagues, outsource providers, and vendors (as needed) to develop content
- Content includes standard response documents, slide decks, Q&As
- Participate in Medical Affairs training initiatives to:
- Provide consult to Medical Affairs key stakeholders and vendors to shape the content and development of training materials
- Other activities include:
- Coordinate, create, and/or review submissions to external Drug Information Resources and Evidence-Based Practice Centers.
- Lead the compendia submission process for Medical Affairs
- Provide consult to Regulatory/Labeling committee and the publications team on brand publications
- Respond to medical inquiries and engage in appropriate scientific information exchange with Health Care Providers via multiple channels (i.e. verbal, written, live at congress MI booths).
- Manage accurate, focused, and scientifically balanced clinical and scientific information exchange with Health Care Providers that support the appropriate use of AstraZeneca products.
- Utilize multiple approved technologies to engage customers in appropriate scientific exchange
- Identify, analyze and/or report trends in medical and scientific insight (including medical inquiries) to Medical Affairs stakeholders
Key Skills Required:
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy (PharmD, MPharm), Pharmacology, Science or equivalent clinical experience
- Good experience in pharmaceutical industry-based Drug/Medical Information or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply local regulatory (e.g. FDA), legal, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Understanding of the information needs for various customer segments
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry in drug information, preferably in Medical Affairs
- Clinical Pharmacy experience with patient care exposure
- Drug Information Residency or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
- Strong leadership ability
- Medical information call center experience
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Managed Markets or HEOR experience
- Pharmacy Licensure preferred
This is a phenomenal opportunity in a very hardworking team, who will bring the best out of standout colleagues, and those with a dream to succeed.
Competitive remuneration and company benefits apply
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applications for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.