Global Pricing and Market Access Lead
Global Pricing and Market Access Lead
Location: Cambridge UK, Gothenburg Sweden, Gaithersburg US
Opening date for applications: 26th November 2019
Closing date for applications: 27th December 2019
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognising their potential.
You will support the development and execution of the global pricing and market access strategy, ensuring patients gain access to AstraZeneca’s life changing medicines globally, with a particular focus on key markets. In supporting developing and executing a market access strategy, you will demonstrate strong strategic thinking and innovative ways to adapt to a quickly changing payer landscape as well as the development of exciting new science and technologies.
You will collaborate with the GPMAD (Global Price and Market Access Director), Global Brand Team, Global Product Team and key markets. You will demonstrate good insights, knowledge and influencing skills to be able to bring diverse opinions together and support the development and execution of a strategy meeting the needs of multiple internal and external partners. You will develop close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues in the brand teams, Marketing, GMA, Regulatory, Government Affairs, MCs, as well as within the Global Market Access Pricing (GMAP) function.
You will work with the GPMAD to lead the approval of pricing and market access strategies through key internal governance processes. You will have strong written and communications skills, as well as stakeholder management.
Note: We would also be interested to speak to candidates interested in Global Pricing Market Access Director (GMPAD) roles.The GPMAD leads the development, execution and approval of pricing and market access strategies as well as developing deep relationships with in-market market access leads, providing strategic thought partnership, support, solutions and challenge to overcome local market access hurdles.
- Champion the payer perspective and drive it into brand strategy and implementation
- Ensure appropriate involvement of other GMAP colleagues and leadership in payer-related brand deliverables
- As required by the business, ensure effective budget planning and secure resources to deliver payer evidence plan
- Help develop payer communication plans and work with other brand team members and marketing companies as they integrate and deliver this through their communication activities
- Communicate project issues and progress effectively and in a timely manner to all partners
- Identify innovative solutions to payer challenges and share best practices with GMAP colleagues
- Drive the required payer insights and payer research to ensure robust and validated price & reimbursement strategies
For brands in development:
- With the GPMAD define pricing and market access options for strategic markets for lead indications and that optimize the value of life cycle management opportunities. Ensure these options connect seamlessly with AstraZeneca near launch, launch and in-market brands
- Deliver credible, commercially viable payer and patient value messages and stories for key payer archetypes in strategic markets to guide development of evidence base
- Collaborate with strategic and key markets on the development and specification of the pricing and market access strategy, value story and supporting evidence base
- Develop clear, customer-focused Value Packs and other core global value materials and ensure acceptance by key markets (Pricing policy, Global Value Pack, Contracting Toolkit, Market Access Launch Strategy, Price and Reimbursement Plan)
- Collaborate with strategic and key markets to localise value materials, particularly the messaging in local pricing/reimbursement/HTA dossiers
- Support key markets in negotiations with reimbursement authorities
- Provide any necessary revisions to pricing and market access strategies and value stories that optimize the value of life cycle management opportunities and drive differentiation for payer customers
- Work with Government Affairs colleagues to develop plans to support policy requirements for new launches
- Work with the Global Pricing Implementation (GPI) team on the launch sequencing for new launches, supporting data to maintain prices and the long-term price evolution to feed into the forecast post launch
Minimum Requirements – Education and Experience
- Graduate / College degree in biomedical science, business, economics or political sciences/public policy (essential)
- Payer, HTA, public health, or health policy experience (desirable)
- Solid understanding of the drivers of commercial success and the interplay between payer customers and HCP customers.
- Understanding the needs and expectations of national and regional payers, insurers, and commercial customers in our strategic markets
- Understanding and knowledge of the development process for new molecules in order to influence development strategies in order to meet the requirements of payers
- Knowledge of how different factors drive payer decision making at country level
- In-depth specialised knowledge of global payer archetypes and the application of non-trial methods (e.g. health economic and real world evidence) to support development and market access at an international level
- Strong understanding of how payer decision makers influence development strategies
- Pricing and access strategies
- Track record of delivery in the payer area, or in a commercial function either in terms of strategy or in influencing payer decision making
- Drug development and/or commercialisation experience within the pharmaceutical/medical industry
- Experience working with clinicians, pharmacists and payers on evidence based customer solutions, e.g. through working with local payers in EU or commercial customers in the US
- Experience in communicating and negotiating product listing/reimbursement agreements with national, regional and or local payers.
- Ability to anticipate future external payer environment requirements.
- Leadership, influencing, advocacy, and negotiation skills at senior level
- Proven skills in interactive communication, including the ability to effectively challenge conceptual thinking as necessary
- Collaborates with technical skill experts and cross-functional teams to gain insight and commitment to operational plans
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.