Global Process Manager
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca is pushing the boundaries of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. Global Business Services (GBS) is integral to that push. We are facilitating AstraZeneca’s growth through innovation, whether by bringing the best digital and data capabilities to the organisation, helping deliver our bold transformation agenda or driving excellence in operational service delivery – GBS is focused on creating global, agile and efficient services for the business, to allow them to focus on the science and deliver life changing medicines to our patients.
Data is now at the heart of everything we do, and what we record, consume and report is growing vastly. Driving value through how this data is created, consumed and provides insights will give us a competitive advantage & efficiency while ensuring compliance and control. The Data, analytics and automation team are tasked with driving transformational change in each area and integrating the 3 areas to provide end to end solutions based on value. It’s a new team (2 years) growing year on year and under the spotlight to drive a leading edge agenda.
Are you interested in getting involved in all things data at AZ? If so, join our master data process owners team expansion and help push our data capabilities.
The global process manager role will be the leader of process transformation for their own area. Designing and Implementing change across people, process and technology and driving value through the data we hold, consume and gain insights from.
As data is consumed across all business processes the role holder will work across the enterprise function including working with process owners in source to pay, contract to cash, record to report and the wider business.
The role holder will report to the Global process owner for Data and will focus on building the processes for data creation, maintenance and deletion. Also including the design and implementation of governance and data quality reporting. Responsibility is end to end, looking at all aspects for transformation.
You will be tasked with taking a problem or opportunity and shaping a holistic programme of change to transform, simplify, standardise and drive value. This will include all phases of delivery from analysis, business case, project delivery and benefit realisation. Although the role has no direct line reports other teams will collaborate with you to drive delivery (data analysts, IT, project managers etc) and as project teams are mobilised reporting lines will be defined.
The incumbent will have profound process expertise in this area and experienced knowledge of best in class process design, technology and the ability to motivate change.
This will be combined with a good attention to detail and an ability to communicate simply, with precision and impact across the global user community.
Join AstraZeneca as Global Process Manger at our Cambridge HQ, and you’ll be using those skills to the full.
This is a highly visible role that puts you at the heart of building a Data process that will grow and flex as AstraZeneca grows. Ultimately data feeds all of the core business processes across the company so the data team is pivotal to success.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Define the data standards for your data object, considering multiple customer, process and reporting needs. Clearly articulating what good data looks like in detail.
- Reviewing as is processes and ways of working and through a series of workshops defining the to be state ensuring all requirements are accommodated. Applying a people, process and technology lens to the proposed solution.
- Partner with our analytics team and obtain data quality information, defining what is inefficient today and what future targets will be set for data quality.
- Establishing a governance model partnering with our data quality and assurance partners.
- Establish what historical data will need to be cleansed and how this will be done.
- Building business cases for approval and delivery through project teams. Accountable for process design and the implementation of that design and realisation.
- Evidence improvement and ensure the business case is realised.
- Work with technology and wider project teams as new tools are implement ensure the standard is embedded and data quality is maintained.
The role holder will:
- Network externally to AZ to identify best data practice and bring change recommendations to the data Global Process Owner
- Collaborate with internal business units in terms of data interdependency in strategic, operational and support activities.
- Lead the future planning and development of the Global data processes and tools to drive efficiencies and build a sustainable advantage for the business
- Review and revise practices to ensure their compliance with established statutory requirements, policies, and procedures
- Providing direct mentoring and support to finance operations/Local data process experts and users.
- Specific data and process experience. Knows and can articulate standard ways of working and solutions. Can develop business cases and work to provide visibility on potential benefits of solutions
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Technical expertise in the extraction and reporting of data performance metrics, knowledge of process design and a keen understanding of KPIs
- Significant experience of global technology implementations
- An excellent command of business English. Excellent presentation, stakeholder management and enterprise working ability across a wide area of the business with multiple partners and views
- The ability to run multiple projects and change effectively using a collaborative approach
- The ability to use a range of influencing techniques
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Significant experience of global technology implementations
- Lead a programme of change in the data space in a large corporate (end to end)
- Able to simplify complexity and find simple, standard solutions which will work, drive value and are fit for purpose
- Lean six sigma / project management / change management and general process improvement capability
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.